Forum Index > Photography Talk > my Canon S40 sucks batteries
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostTue Apr 13, 2004 6:20 pm 
It just burns through them so fast I simply can't believe it. I have threee different ones, so it's not the battery, it's the charger or the camera. Before you ask, yes I do use the LCD panel, but sometimes, especially if I didn't *just* charge the battery, I get the low battery indicator on the first picture. Anyone else have a similar problem? Remember, people, PLEASE, learn from old Marylou: Never, EVER buy a camera from Sleazy Internet Camera Shoppe. You will regret it over and OVER. bawl.gif

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
cannon fodder

cannon fodder
PostTue Apr 13, 2004 8:27 pm 
Here is what Canon says: PowerShot S40, Battery Pack NB-2L at full charge LCD ON: Approx. 180 images LCD OFF: Approx. 420 images Replay Time: Approx. 150 min.

marzsit
Dork

marzsit
Dork
PostTue Apr 13, 2004 9:36 pm 
my fuji finepix eats batteries pretty fast too, between both lcd's, the flash and the motor drive for the lens... at least it takes standard aa cells, not a proprietary battery pack. eveready ni-mh cells (4 for $10 at target) seem to give the best service, 2 sets last me for a typical weekend.

dayhiker

dayhiker
PostThu Apr 15, 2004 4:48 pm 
cheap batteries
http://www.sterlingtek.com/ My Nikon CP5700 eats batteries too! Even if I don't use LCD and use manual focus etc. frown.gif At least the above site has batteries about 1/3 for what Nikon sells them for. Although they say theirs has more power and dpreview member tested them and found they overstated their power while nikon understated theirs so they actually have slightly less , but $$ difference is the important thing. Not sure about Cannon batteries. I also bought a Mach charger from them so I could charge things while on the move in the car or auto, (the Nikon charger took 2 hours so I would have to stay up all nite to charge say 5 to 8 batteries etc. while this own does it in about 30 minutes. smile.gif

Riverside Laker

Riverside Laker
PostThu Apr 15, 2004 8:51 pm 
My Pentax K1000 has a 4 year old battery in it, still going strong. Neener neener NEEEEEEEE-ner. Course, my Rolliecord won't even accept a dang battery.

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostFri Apr 16, 2004 12:01 am 
Toss it. Get a new one. One with DiGiC (or however they capitalize it). Be a good consumer. Consume. wink.gif

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Apr 16, 2004 12:27 am 
How many days is it between charges? Rechargeables lose their charge fairly quickly. How many shots do you get off a fresh charge?

Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostFri Apr 16, 2004 12:36 am 
If it's been sitting for more than a couple of days, then one picture, or two.

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
moving mountain

moving mountain
PostFri Apr 16, 2004 9:24 pm 
Batteries
I have been using this charger and the 2000 series batteries for my A70. They seem to last a surprising long time. I got them from Steves-digicams recomended source. Prompt service. http://www.steves-digicams.com/2002_reviews/maha_c401fs.html