Forum Index > Pacific NW History > Chelan County cemeteries
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
twist

twist
PostWed Apr 14, 2004 5:01 pm 
Starting off as just a interest I have become a full time hobbyist on cemeteries. Currently I am focusing on Chelan County. I have been travelling to cemeteries/gravesites all through the county. I have researched old maps, read numerous books and talked to many locals. This seems like a great place to ask some questions and fill in some gaps. My current goal is to locate all the cemeteries and gather a little background on each. I have been to sites like the Tombstone Transcription Project, Interment and a few others. I plan on submitting all my findings back to the Tombstone project when i'm done. I was wondering if anybody here has come upon are no of any cemetery/gravesites not listed on the Tombstone Project website. These are a few that I could definately could use some help with, Colockum Cemetery (nobody seems to have ever heard of it?) Burgess Cemetery (I have talked to a Burgess family member but was asked to talk to another and have not been able to contact him) Meyer Cemetery Parish Cemetery, Monitor (2 miles up fairview canyon is a junkyard with a less than freindly owner, at least I think he was the owner, it is located somewhere in this area I was told) Trinity (Red Mountain Ole) Cemetery (I haven't been to Trinity yet because I was informed it is now private property and I would not be able to reach the cemetery, anybody have any info on this?) Tumwater Canyon Cemetery (Just a pile of ruble, is there any trace of it left or am I looking in the wrong spot?) Indian Burial Ground, Wenatchee (Read about a brief reference to this in a book, anyone ever heard of this?) These are a few that I am having a difficult time with, if anybody has any information about these are any other gravesites not mentioned on the Tombstone Project website I would love to hear from you.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
pianodirt

pianodirt
PostSat May 29, 2004 2:46 pm 
twist- sorry I can't help with any the cemetaries you list. I grew up in East Wenatchee. The only old cemetary I know of in the area is in Douglas County, Hamilton Cemetary, but you probably already know that. It was fairly well known when I was a kid there. I'd be interested in what you find of your list, especially the Indian burial ground.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message