Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > New Names & Faces - Welcome!
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostTue Feb 05, 2002 11:01 pm 
We've had a lot of new members register in the last month, so I just wanted to welcome everyone to the site! We're still going through some growing pains, but things are moving along quite nicely I think. There seem to be some good discussions happening, and from more than just the original handful of Trail Talk refugees. While the forum itself is very customizable, it's still "out of the box" and some things are beyond our control. I hope there will be a lot more to the overall site in the future than just a forum, though. But the site is for the members, by the members. So if anyone has any ideas, suggestions, comments or snide remarks about how things are or how things should be, feel free to post them in the Support forum. smile.gif Welcome everyone!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Steve
Phlogiston Purveyor

Steve
Phlogiston Purveyor
PostWed Feb 06, 2002 7:56 am 
I think that you can thank a post on the backpacker web site that alerted us here. I was not aware of a local bp web site and am glad to have found one.

Despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt.
kleet
meat tornado

kleet
meat tornado
PostWed Feb 06, 2002 4:55 pm 
Like Steve said, I noticed the post on the Backpacker Forum website and thought I'd check it out. I like it!

A fuxk, why do I not give one?
lauried

lauried
PostWed Feb 06, 2002 7:26 pm 
This is great! My neck of the woods. Thanks for creating a new option for us NWeners to access.

Lazyboy

Lazyboy
PostThu Feb 07, 2002 8:25 am 
Like Steve that's how I found this site. I plan to stick around for awhile. I bet this place really takes off in a few months.

JimK

JimK
PostSat Feb 09, 2002 10:51 pm 
I complained to WTA asking for a return of Trail Talk and they sent me this link. It would be nice if WTA would mention this site on their home page.

janders

janders
PostMon Feb 11, 2002 1:26 pm 
I've gotten involved in a few forum communities here and there and I've lurked on this one for awhile. I must say, with few exceptions, nwhikers.net seems to be a really helpful and well-mannered community. Bravo to those who make it so (and keep it so!). Jason

"Oh dang!" - Captain Amazing
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSat May 24, 2003 6:11 pm 
Seems like there quite a few new names around here as of late. Welcome! Feel free to introduce yourselves and let us know how you found us. toothless.gif

TravelHiker

TravelHiker
PostSat May 24, 2003 7:26 pm 
Hi one, hi all! How I found this site...my sister actually sent me a link, and I'm not sure how she discovered it -- she doesn't use the BP forum or even look at the WTA site. Glad to be a part of this forum, very cool to find something local. I'll be sure to pass the link onto my other hiker friends. I'm looking forward to sharing my experiences and picking up a few ideas from y'alls!

Always take the scenic route.
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostSat May 24, 2003 8:50 pm 
I'll chime in with a big welcome also. I feel it is a top favorite site. It has been a very good source of info and ideas. A very good community indeed. I'd also like to thank those behind the scenes that keep this place up and running and for the time (and $) they spend maintaining it. My hat's off to you. NN up.gif

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.

PostSat May 24, 2003 11:23 pm 
Anyone tell them about the blood oath yet?

sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostSun May 25, 2003 8:33 am 
I found a link on the Backpacker Forums also-but that was quite some time ago - I also mention this site to everybody I hike with biggrin.gif I am shameless.......

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostSun May 25, 2003 8:53 am 
I posted trip reports on WTA for almost a year, all the while thinking "wouldn't it be great to be able to respond to reports, and have mine responded to, and then respond to the responders?". Then I realized there must be other sites out there, so I did a google search for hiking sites, and found Vtrail, which has a link to here. I am in heaven! My fiance(French for "girlfriend") Tanja is excited too, since I now bore her to death about 1/2 as often with tall tales of my exploits.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun May 25, 2003 10:37 am 
Let's take out a larger than life sized billboard in Seattle advertising the site! winksmile.gif There have been many new people here as of late. Welcome to all. A special thanks to Tom and Mac for making this all possible!!! hockeygrin.gif up.gif hockeygrin.gif If I left anyone out, my apologies. TB P.S. If there ever come a time when this site starts costing you two MONEY, you must let us contribute. It's already costing your TIME!

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
salish

salish
PostSun May 25, 2003 10:51 am 
I want to extend my thanks to the administrators of this board for their willingness to do all the hard work while we chat about our favorite passions. I'm with BPJ on the money thing - I will happily contribute if asked. We have been extremely lucky to have a board where folks respect each other and each other's opinions without heavy flame wars. I think we owe ourselves a pat on the back for that. I hope this friendly attitutde continues on as we gather more people. I also want to welcome new members and extend an invitation to you to contact me personally, either by PM or email, if you have any questions about hiking in the pacific northwest or about anything, really. Welcome aboard. Salish

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.