Forum Index > Support & Feedback > NWHikers Rocks
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
dicey
custom title

dicey
custom title
PostMon Jun 07, 2004 11:02 pm 
Hello, i just started posting on this board not tooo long ago after lurking on cascade climbers for years. i feel comfortable posting here, where i didn't want to risk it there. thank you for being a place where i feel i can be me!!!!!!!!!!!! up.gif up.gif up.gif

I'm not always sure I like being older but being less stupid has advantages. http://www.flickr.com/photos/32121172@N00/sets/
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
jimmymac
Zip Lock Bagger

jimmymac
Zip Lock Bagger
PostMon Jun 07, 2004 11:32 pm 
Welcome! I've enjoyed reading your posts. Yeah, folks here seem to be pretty comfortable with who they are, and pretty accepting of how other people are.

"Profound serenity is the product of unfaltering Trust and heightened vulnerability."
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostTue Jun 08, 2004 8:20 am 
dicey wrote:
thank you for being a place where i feel i can be me!!!!!!!!!!!! up.gif up.gif up.gif
Here's a quiz for you to see if you fit in: 1. If this "place" you speak of were in Normandy, what continent would you be on? 2. If you burned up the tailgate of my truck while cooking swill for your breakfast, a) do you think it would be funny, and b) would you wonder if tailgate were a hyphenated word, or spelled as one word?

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
newdawnfades
i'm no tourist!

newdawnfades
i'm no tourist!
PostTue Jun 08, 2004 8:27 am 
dicey wrote:
Hello, i just started posting on this board not tooo long ago after lurking on cascade climbers for years. i feel comfortable posting here, where i didn't want to risk it there. thank you for being a place where i feel i can be me!!!!!!!!!!!! up.gif up.gif up.gif
Be careful, there's some women in here, and we all know they like to change guys! tongue.gif

Nothing I can sing will bring you back. Not the songs of a hundred horses running until they become wind. Not the personal song of the rain who makes love to the earth.
dicey
custom title

dicey
custom title
PostTue Jun 08, 2004 8:54 am 
NWHikers rocks
Good thing i'm not a guy then......... eek.gif eek.gif tongue.gif

I'm not always sure I like being older but being less stupid has advantages. http://www.flickr.com/photos/32121172@N00/sets/
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Jun 08, 2004 9:35 am 
Glad you feel a more at home here. Nothing wrong with that other site. Different strokes for different folks.

kleet
meat tornado

kleet
meat tornado
PostTue Jun 08, 2004 10:01 am 
Quark wrote:
1. If this "place" you speak of were in Normandy, what continent would you be on?
pffffft! We all know Miss Normandy was a troll.
Quark wrote:
2. If you burned up the tailgate of my truck while cooking swill for your breakfast, a) do you think it would be funny, and b) would you wonder if tailgate were a hyphenated word, or spelled as one word?
c) chew your ass for driving that POS gas waster.

A fuxk, why do I not give one?
Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostTue Jun 08, 2004 10:04 am 
Quark wrote:
2. If you burned up the tailgate of my truck while cooking swill for your breakfast, a) do you think it would be funny, and b) would you wonder if tailgate were a hyphenated word, or spelled as one word?
a) Define "burned up," are you talking mass damage or just a little spot? I mean, I think it would be pretty funny if it was really bad. I might even buy you a bottle of scotch or something if I really screwed it up. b) All one word, no hyphen, whether you're talking about the thing hanging off the back of your rig or the despicable act of following too close. vent.gif

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostTue Jun 08, 2004 10:21 am 
Kleet wrote:
pffffft! We all know Miss Normandy was a troll. c) chew your ass for driving that POS gas waster.
You dumbass. Get over Miss Normandy and back to reality. I'm talking about a continent. Gas waster definition: energy expended on a woman who is 1) gone and 2) who you'll never meet, and dissing those you 1) could actually meet someday and 2) are not gone.

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
reststep

reststep
PostTue Jun 08, 2004 10:50 am 
I agree. This is a great board. Thank you to Michael and Tom for making it happen and to everyone for your contributions and reports. It is interesting, entertaining and informative. I know I need to get a life. smile.gif

"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir
MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostTue Jun 08, 2004 10:55 am 
Quark wrote:
Is this pre- or post-stump?

MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostTue Jun 08, 2004 11:06 am 
I think joking around with this Normandy thing considering the sacrifices and bravery of all those young men is in extremely bad taste. Many landed on her and scored great triumphs and that red-headed trollop abandoned them all. shakehead.gif

jimmymac
Zip Lock Bagger

jimmymac
Zip Lock Bagger
PostTue Jun 08, 2004 11:07 am 
Quote:
a) Define "burned up," are you talking mass damage or just a little spot? I mean, I think it would be pretty funny if it was really bad. I might even buy you a bottle of scotch or something if I really screwed it up
It was like the China Syndrome of alcohol stoves, and like a cider-infused Homer Simpson, I was asleep at the controls. bawl.gif I usually have much better thermo-mechanical reasoning than that. (Remember how I stoked up the fire just as the coals were ready for cooking?) The damage was not complete, but in scotch terms, I'd say Quark's bed liner sustained a 15 to 18-year scar. Maybe a 12-15, but certainly more than 7.

"Profound serenity is the product of unfaltering Trust and heightened vulnerability."
Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostTue Jun 08, 2004 11:23 am 
jimmymac wrote:
(Remember how I stoked up the fire just as the coals were ready for cooking?)
No worries. On Saturday night Tom did the exact same thing. Men and fires.... rolleyes.gif doh.gif

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
kleet
meat tornado

kleet
meat tornado
PostTue Jun 08, 2004 12:53 pm 
Quark wrote:
You dumbass. Get over Miss Normandy and back to reality. I'm talking about a continent.
Them's fightin' words, lard ass! And besides, last time I checked, there warn't no continent named "Normandy". Twit.
Quark wrote:
Gas waster definition: energy expended on a woman who is 1) gone and 2) who you'll never meet, and dissing those you 1) could actually meet someday and 2) are not gone.
Hell, I never paid no never mind to that imaginary bimbo. The onliest floozy I ever done wasted any energy on around here was... you, ya knucklehead.

A fuxk, why do I not give one?