Forum Index > Trail Talk > Recomendations for La Bohn Gap.
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Captain Trips

Captain Trips
PostSun Jun 23, 2002 8:47 pm 
I was considering a backpacking trip up the necklace valley, climbing up to La Bohn Gap, then ending up at Snoqualmie Pass or perhaps Cooper Lake. Another endpoint might be the middle fork Snoqualmie. Along the way a scramble up Mt Hinman and or Daniel. Does anyone have any suggestions on route possibilities ? My deep down question is whether La Bohn is worthwhile continuation of Necklace Valley, a place i've desired to visit. drock

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun Jun 23, 2002 8:57 pm 
Drock, you must first understand that LaBohn gap takes you from the Williams lake, chain lakes, labohn lakes area to Rowena/Rebecca/shovel lakes area. Ultimately to Waptus lake. The GAP is NOT the trip form the La Bohn lakes down to the neckless valley area. Ok, so that said, the trip from Labohns to the neckless is no big deal,. Its a trail heading up the right side (down the left) of the outlet of the labohn lakes. The area is very beautiful and is deserving of a few days for sure! Any thoughts on the trip email me, Ive done it a few times! Including from Tanks to Otter and the other Foss lakes! Tom B

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostMon Jun 24, 2002 2:00 am 
I did the traverse from the Necklace Valley TH through La Bohn to the MFK as a kid, it was great. I'm planning to do it in the reverse direction this summer myself. Anyone wanna go?

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
Mike Collins

Mike Collins
PostMon Jun 24, 2002 5:43 am 
When you get to the end of Necklace Valley there will be a waterfall on your left and La Bohn Gap in front of you. What Backpacker Joe is saying is that is that there is a climbers path just to the right (if you are going up the valley) of that waterfall which is the outflow from La Bohn Lakes. It is much easier than going right up the steep snow of The Gap. Hinman is an easy tag from there if you leave your heavy pack down at La Bohn Lakes.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Jun 24, 2002 6:45 am 
Its a good Idea Al. Go before they close the road and you no longer have access to the end. TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Captain Trips

Captain Trips
PostMon Jun 24, 2002 2:22 pm 
Thanks for the info !
Thanks for the encouraging information on necklace valley, la bohn gap and areas beyond. I'm trying to avoid the Waptus lake area as I have been around this area numerous times. I do understand the MF Snoqualmie is difficult and will be closed, also who would want to pick me on such a long, rotten road ! Also, I saw a neat overland trail in the Beckey book begining around Dorothy lake over to the upper foss lakes, over to La Bohn, then out the necklace valley. Almost a complete loop to Hwy 2. Thanks for the tips. drock

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Jun 24, 2002 3:29 pm 
Yes you can traverse south east just before the trail gets to Dorothy, and you end up in the Camp Robber Valley. From there you can climb up to Chetwoot lake. OR, you can hike up Dorothys inlet until you get to Gold lake. Then its a trek over to Chetwoot lake! Ive gone this way before. You can then climb up from Otter to Tank lakes and then drop into the Neckless valley! TB