Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Aspiring Writers
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Dslayer

Dslayer
PostSat Jul 06, 2002 4:34 pm 
My life's work in the writing venue will be a tome on the Civil War, I'm just fascinated by those people and that time, but I've gotten bogged down a bit on the causes of the War because I've come to believe that the real cause of the war lies in the fact of the formation of the country, that essentially the colonies were allies of convenience, they 'united' literally because the wolf (British) was at the door and the average Georgian probably had more in common with an Englishman did he did with a Massachusettan(?). What comes out the war is modern America, the country that to this day struggles with the meaning of freedom. However, the actual talent in the family is Mrs. Dslayer who is writing a novel about her MT family that is funny and poignant.

"The Second Amendment of the Bill of Rights is my concealed weapon permit."-Ted Nugent
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostSun Jul 07, 2002 7:31 pm 
Tho I have no desire to be a writer, it's far to much work for me, I am writing a story to be on a web page. It has nothing to do with the outdoors nor is it fiction. It is an account of my wife's diagosis of ovarian cancer, the treatments and what she went thru before her passing. In all respects it is an account of courage, determination and a display of the will to live. The story covers an eleven month period but has so far taken over 4 years to compose. Still a long ways to go. If you are a female, have a wife or daughters then do all of yourselves a favor and be aware of the symptoms. Early detection is not the rule. Wanna know more then let me know. NN frown.gif

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostMon Jul 08, 2002 9:48 am 
Thanks to this thread, I've picked up the pen (or laptop as the case may be) and started working again.

MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostTue Jul 09, 2002 9:30 am 
Are there any good writing groups in the area? A quick search online wasn't too promising. I take writing circles with a grain of salt, but they usually are enough to get me inspired when needed.