Forum Index > Trip Reports > Middle Snoqualmie River Trails- 7/19/02
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
DuckDuckGoose
Cruelly Bouyant

DuckDuckGoose
Cruelly Bouyant
PostMon Jul 22, 2002 11:21 am 
An easy hike, but good for me as I'm just restarting the hiking habit. Trails both to the left & right of the Gateway Bridge were dry and clear , so perfect for the beginner. Stegosaurus Butte Cliffs were beautiful as were the sights up the valley. A few bugs but not as bad as I expected. Swimming was chilly and the water was fast, so don't do it unless you're a duck or goose or chubby otter!!! Honestly, it could be tricky for you if you're not a strong swimmer with good, thick blood, so beware! But great for soaking your feet and skippin' stones. Saw only 2 other folks on the trail (anglers heading up stream), but am sure it's crowded on the weekends. The only possible negative (and this may keep folks away, so it could be looked upon as a positive) is the Middle Snoqualmie River Road is pretty badly rutted. I was like this fella almost all the way to the trailhead. lol.gif I might need some shock work done on the old Ford. Sorry no pics this time but will get to it in the future. Hope to see you all out in the woods! Happy trails and a cool breeze when you need one! Aleks aka DDG aka DuckDuckGoose

Why are people always trying to stop themselves from doing what they really want to do?
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message