Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > CELEBRATION thread
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostMon Jun 10, 2013 8:16 pm 
On Saturday my daughter graduated from UW's Foster School of Business with a double major in Accounting and Finance. Next Saturday is the all-university ceremony at Century Link. She already has a job lined up in with a major firm. smile.gif
Proud Papa
Proud Papa

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
the Zachster

the Zachster
PostTue Jun 11, 2013 10:00 pm 
Way to go, proud Papa! And congrats to your daughter on graduation AND a job!!! up.gif up.gif Sarvesh: that is truly amazing news. I am very happy for both of you! agree.gif

"May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am"
Gil

Gil
PostFri Jun 14, 2013 12:24 pm 
Congratulations, Get Out and Go! That's an accomplishment! Our daughter graduated from Lakeside School on Thursday. She managed straight A's her senior year, including calculus! She's off to the Rhode Island School of Design in September. She'll have a lot of company -- one classmate is going to RISD, too, and eight to adjacent Brown University. Here she is with her proud mom and her ceramics teachers, Jodi Rockwell and Jacob Foran.
Leah graduation 2
Leah graduation 2
Leah graduation 3
Leah graduation 3
Leah graduation 4
Leah graduation 4

Friends help the miles go easier. Klahini
Mugs

Mugs
PostFri Jun 14, 2013 10:39 pm 
embarassedlaugh.gif dizzy.gif I just finished up my first year of teaching. Man what year it was..I think I learned more about myself and about self discovery then my kids learned from me all year. Then again I try not to look at myself as a teacher, but as a facilitator. Plus I am super blessed to work in a school like I work. It is not your typical High School (I would never make it in a traditional school) we actually graduate our students with skills they can get jobs with. And the kids that come to us, have some horrendous stories to tell about there lives. Now on to my summer break.....YAH.. up.gif up.gif wink.gif

I miss my 4.8Lb base weight as a ground dweller...But I sure DON'T MISS the ground.
RichP

RichP
PostSat Jun 15, 2013 8:31 am 
Congrats Mugs. Now enjoy the best part of being a teacher; Summer!

GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostMon Jan 06, 2014 5:24 pm 
I've been waiting for this day, ever since I moved to Pittsburgh: -2°F...below zero baby! (-30°F with wind-chill.) breakdance.gif It's supposed to drop to -9°F tonight, with windchills of -34°F. Tomorrow will have a high of 3°F. eek.gif

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostMon Jan 06, 2014 5:43 pm 
Gali...you are a 'sick' man biggrin.gif lol.gif i need to check this thread more... wow! congratulations to Mugs, Gil, Get Out and Go, coldrain108, and all previous posters!

bobbi ૐ "Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!" - Oh, the Places You’ll Go! By Dr. Seuss
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostMon Jan 06, 2014 8:06 pm 
Just a normal winters day in Ottawa rolleyes.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostSat Oct 29, 2016 7:55 pm 
okay fellow nwhikers! this is definitely my best celebration news! chickenleg.gif dance.gif twirl.gif party.gif rockband.gif

bobbi ૐ "Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!" - Oh, the Places You’ll Go! By Dr. Seuss
LizzyRN

LizzyRN
PostWed Nov 16, 2016 1:56 am 
Bobbi, That's awesome news! It's the best! I just finished grad school, at 52! Earned my MSNuEd. Yay me!

LizzyRN Where's my inhaler?!
bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostSun Nov 20, 2016 11:33 am 
calling Nurse Lizzy! congratulations! earning a degree is something only one can do without outside assistance. it's all on the person ... this achievement will be with you forever! a degree earned at any age is fantabulous! way to persevere! April 2017 is a long time to wait, but keeping myself busy until my first grandchild makes his/her entrance. up.gif

Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostWed Mar 29, 2017 7:29 pm 
I was accepted to a week-long Teachers College summer institute at Columbia University in New York for the 2nd time in 4 years. It's top-notch professional development and I do love the food and hiking in NYC. uhh.gif Seriously, I walk miles and miles when in urban settings. Great to break away from the monotony of Washington. rotf.gif Urban Hiking

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)
bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostFri Apr 14, 2017 8:42 am 
welcome to nwhikers, Jett Michael April 12, 2017 my first grandchild, my eldest daughter and husband's first child up.gif
Jett Michael Johnson
Jett Michael Johnson
party.gif chickenleg.gif twirl.gif cheers.gif rockband.gif

zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostFri Apr 14, 2017 9:25 am 
Congratulations! bobbi to you and your family. ~z

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Apr 14, 2017 3:39 pm 
up.gif up.gif With a name like that no doubt going to be a speedy NWHiker.