Forum Index > Trip Reports > mt. hood
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostMon Mar 03, 2008 8:15 pm 
well, this is the reason i missed out on the tacoma social. other than the day was gorgeous, i figure most folks have seen enough snowshoeing trip reports and snow pics. i've seen mt. hood from afar, so this trip was to scope things out. my friend from salem, oregon invited me to join her and her friends for lunch and snowshoeing. we ate lunch at the cascade room. imo: a bit expensive! then it was off snowshoeing. it was like playing frogger trying to head towards the nordic course! downhill skiiers and snow boarders were willing and able to aim towards snowshoers! we survived the crossing but fog rolled in after awhile so we made the survival crossing back. we decided to snowshoe around the backside of the lodge. perfect. earlier a wedding was happening and while we were out back, they came out for some photos. all in all, access is easy to timberline, about 1.5 hrs from portland, no passes except for parking, and lots of ski lifts! best of all, the mountain is spectacular!
mt. hood
mt. hood
mt. hood
mt. hood
mt. hood
mt. hood
mt. hood
mt. hood
mt. hood
mt. hood
mt. hood
mt. hood
mt. hood
mt. hood

bobbi ૐ "Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!" - Oh, the Places You’ll Go! By Dr. Seuss
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
E's Mom

E's Mom
PostMon Mar 03, 2008 8:54 pm 
It's a rare day when you can see the entire mountain. Lovely! Love the wedding photo, too!

"I will lift my eyes to the hills. From whence does my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message