Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Whats for dinner?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
mtnwkr

mtnwkr
PostWed Feb 25, 2009 9:40 pm 
Two Johnsonville cheddar brats... and two Fat tires.

There's a mostly unspoken acknowledgment among the voluntarily impoverished that it's better to be fiscally poor yet rich in experience-living the dream-than to be traditionally wealthy but live separate from one's passions.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ingunn
Hiking Viking

Ingunn
Hiking Viking
PostWed Feb 25, 2009 9:42 pm 
Indian potato burgers, chickpea burgers, asparagus, salad and the almond dressing we got hooked on when we went to UC Santa Barbara.

silly_traveler
~ roaming ~

silly_traveler
~ roaming ~
PostWed Feb 25, 2009 11:48 pm 
bcfc53 wrote:
i just had my ramen.......delicious! may have more later, yum! egg was from my friend's chickens, too. fresh from the coop lol.gif dang....why do i live here when your mom lives across the pond? i may just have to get there for dinner agree.gif
Come over to my parents for dinner any time agree.gif I packed two containers of left-overs biggrin.gif that'll be lunch and dinner tomorrow up.gif

♫ You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. And you're the one who will decide where you'll go. Oh the places you'll go. - Dr. Seuss
More Cowbell
Warrior Princess

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess
PostThu Feb 26, 2009 1:28 am 
Dayhike Mike wrote:
Filet, more sauteed mushrooms and onions, fresh green beans with bacon bits, and a Caesar salad.
MANLY!

“If you want to forget all your other troubles, wear too tight shoes.” - Unknown
O'Brannigan

O'Brannigan
PostThu Feb 26, 2009 10:58 am 
Joey wrote:
Made from scratch macaroni cheese and ham. Think 'comfort food'
Two weeks ago I made for the first time blue cheese mac-n-cheese. That was darn grubbin'

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders- Ted Nugent
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostThu Feb 26, 2009 8:30 pm 
Seared Tuna Steaks Broiled Carrots, Zucchini and Lemon Squash Cheese Ravioli Pear Salad w/blue cheese dressing Rioja

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostThu Feb 26, 2009 8:40 pm 
I had a craving for some not-so-spicy peanut butter noodles tonight. They turned out very good - which made my tummy happy. Be sure to use natural peanut butter and not the more common PB’s that stay blended. The oil in the natural PB makes the sauce what it is. As always, I use lower sodium products where I can. If you like the salt, feel free to use normal chicken broth and soy sauce. For the garlic chili sauce you can use pretty much any type - as long as it has some heat to it ;-) I used the Maxchup brand, I really enjoy their products - though I well realize that not everyone has access to a good Asian selection. I hope you enjoy the recipe - to which I will add: the sauce itself would work well over rice noodles or even Jasmine rice as well.
Thai Inspired Peanut and Chicken Noodles Ingredients: 1/2 cup lower sodium chicken broth 1 tsp ground dried ginger 3 Tbsp lower sodium soy sauce 1/4 cup chunky natural peanut butter 1 1/2 tablespoons honey 2 tsp garlic-chile sauce 1 tsp dried diced garlic 1 12.5-ounce can chicken breast, drained 8-ounces spaghetti, broken in half 1 Tbsp freeze-dried chives Directions: In a medium glass bowl combine the chicken broth, ginger, soy sauce, peanut butter, honey, chili paste, and garlic. Whisk to combine. Cover tightly and let sit in the refrigerator for a couple hours to meld. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add noodles and cook for time on package. Drain carefully. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan over medium heat, warm up the sauce along with the drained chicken and chives till just simmering. Add the drained noodles into the sauce pan and toss to coat. Serves 2 to 3, depending on appetite.
- Photos by Kirk Kirkconnell - - I ran the calorie count for the recipe. The full recipe contains about 1,600 calories (depending of course on brands used). ~Sarah (from my home cooking blog)

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
ASBrauer
Nerd

ASBrauer
Nerd
PostThu Feb 26, 2009 8:44 pm 
Tortellini, garlic bread, and caesar salad

bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostThu Feb 26, 2009 9:51 pm 
holy sh.......! eek.gif out to dinner again....different mexican restaurant to celebrate a friends 59th birthday! number dinners cooked so far this week....1 out of 4 agree.gif works for me biggrin.gif

bobbi ૐ "Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!" - Oh, the Places You’ll Go! By Dr. Seuss
peppersteak'n'ale

peppersteak'n'ale
PostThu Feb 26, 2009 10:28 pm 
Homemade chicken masala over rice-a-roni, sauteed asparagus spears and Full Sail Amber

Schmidt Alti-Babe
The Ice Queen

Schmidt Alti-Babe
The Ice Queen
PostThu Feb 26, 2009 11:01 pm 
Farfalle pasta with garlic chicken, zucchini, yellow squash and peas in a sun-dried tomato alfredo sauce. up.gif

Magellan
Brutally Handsome

Magellan
Brutally Handsome
PostThu Feb 26, 2009 11:31 pm 
Oven baked chicken breast slathered in bbq/butter/garlic/crushed red pepper sauce. Chicken served on hamburger buns with mayo, mustard, roma tomato rounds, green leaf lettuce, and avacado slices. Served with a side of baked vegetables, including potatoes, carrots, and sweet potatoes, all mixed in olive oil, basil, and more garlic. Yumm!

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostFri Feb 27, 2009 9:26 pm 
More Coyotebell wrote:
Dayhike Mike wrote:
Filet, more sauteed mushrooms and onions, fresh green beans with bacon bits, and a Caesar salad.
MANLY!
I love me my steak and potatoes, but I've been dieting as of late, so the salad and veggies are as good as it gets. hockeygrin.gif Tonight was more filet mignon marinaded for an hour in Tuscan Italian dressing and grilled to perfection on the barbecue, topped with mushrooms and onions sauteed in a touch of the Italian dressing, with a side of fresh asparagus with butter, and fresh garlic Caesar salad with shredded Parmigiano Reggiano and Focaccia croutons. 'Twas a really, really tasty dinner... 10 minutes to cook and a half hour to savor and enjoy.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
Magellan
Brutally Handsome

Magellan
Brutally Handsome
PostFri Feb 27, 2009 11:22 pm 
Ultimate Fishsticks and leftover baked veggie medley. Lots of ketchup.

Dane
Other

Dane
Other
PostFri Feb 27, 2009 11:26 pm 
Dayhike Mike wrote:
10 minutes to cook and a half hour to savor and enjoy.
Either you eat really, really slow or that was one hell of a steak!

Without judgement what would we do? We would be forced to look at ourselves... -Death