Forum Index > Pacific NW History > Darringotn Historical Society Presentation June 24
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Jimbo

Jimbo
PostFri Jun 19, 2009 8:46 am 
Subject: Darringotn Historical Society Presentation June 24 DARRINGTON HISTORICAL SOCIETY INVITES YOU TO; Please join us for an evening with Railroad man, author, angler poet and historian, Bob Heirman, of Snohomish. Wednesday Evening June 24 at 6:30 PM Mansford Grange (“behind” the IGA) Darrington Bob will be presenting a slide show of historic Railroad photos of the area including “lots of steam”, logging railroads, and general history of ra il in Snohomish County. His love of Darrington and first-hand knowledge of railroading in our area shines throughout his presentations. His book ‘A Railroad Runs Through’ it chronicles his career with the Northern Pacific Railroad from 1951 to 1994, and includes a collection of stories from his years on the Darrington branch of the Railroad. His first book, ‘Snohomish My Beloved County, An Angler’s Anthology’ chronicles his life along the rivers of the area with rod and reel. His stories are usually humorous and always fascinating. We are fortunate to have Bob back for a presentation to benefit the Historical Society. Refreshments provided by the dedicated bakers of the Historical Society and Friends. For more information please contact Erika Morris 360-436-1562

Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostFri Jun 19, 2009 8:51 am 
Hey, I just logged in to post this! Thanks for doing it, Jimbo. I'll be there, and will contribute to the cookie pile (forget about my recent rhubarb pie attempt – that’s all behind me now). Bring CASH if you wish to donate or purchase a book. I always forget this, but I won't this time. There will likely be a special announcement about the High Ice Festival this August. Good raffle prize!!!!!! (I'll blow a whole paycheck on tickets for this one!).

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Jimbo

Jimbo
PostFri Jun 19, 2009 8:56 am 
Big spender. Well I have both his book's, I'll see ya again wink.gif

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostFri Jun 19, 2009 9:25 am 
Jimbo wrote:
Big spender.
Yeah,but you know what the raffle prize is, don't you? (I'm not telling The Public til I'm sure that's what they're doing with the artifact). Aniticipation is half the fun! up.gif

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostFri Jun 19, 2009 9:37 am 
OK the cat's out of the bag. Nels Bruseths' daughter donated one of her dad's paintings to be used as a fundraiser up.gif up.gif eek.gif smile.gif
Painting by Nels Bruseth.  Will be up for a fund-raising raffle by the Darrington Historical Society!  I hope I win!  (there goes a whole paycheck!)
Painting by Nels Bruseth. Will be up for a fund-raising raffle by the Darrington Historical Society! I hope I win! (there goes a whole paycheck!)
If I don't win this, I'll commit suicide.

Dogpatch

Dogpatch
PostFri Jun 19, 2009 9:39 am 
Oh man, what a really nice painting that is. How many tickets are you going to buy?

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." – Groucho Marx
Jimbo

Jimbo
PostFri Jun 19, 2009 9:46 am 
WHO IS ( Nels Bruseth ) ...

Dogpatch

Dogpatch
PostFri Jun 19, 2009 9:59 am 
Early forest service guy, worked with Harry Bedal and Harold Engles. Wrote a compilation of Sauk-Suiattle legends. Quark'll have the goods on him, though - she's his number one fan.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." – Groucho Marx
Jimbo

Jimbo
PostFri Jun 19, 2009 10:39 am 
I've herd of that Bedal fellow.

jimmymac
Zip Lock Bagger

jimmymac
Zip Lock Bagger
PostFri Jun 19, 2009 3:08 pm 
Thanks Jimbo. Quark mentioned something about the Darrington RR presentation at the historic mining presentation last night. I tried to worm the time and place out of her. But once she started talking about the Nels Bruseth painting, her speech became too excited to be intelligible. (I think she was afraid I might show up and dilute her raffle ticket purchases.)

"Profound serenity is the product of unfaltering Trust and heightened vulnerability."
Jimbo

Jimbo
PostFri Jun 19, 2009 7:40 pm 
Is the drawing the same night ? I want to ride my bike but if I win it I can't haul it home..

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostFri Jun 19, 2009 7:48 pm 
No sir, the drawing will be in August, during the High Ice Festival. The raffle tix will be sold all summer long. You win that painting, and you're a dead man! rant.gif I didn't say that, did I? uhoh.gif must be tourette's syndrome acting up again.

Jimbo

Jimbo
PostSat Jun 20, 2009 5:58 am 
Ok it's yours.

Dogpatch

Dogpatch
PostSat Jun 20, 2009 6:05 am 
What's the High Ice Festival?

Jimbo

Jimbo
PostSat Jun 20, 2009 6:08 am 
I've changed my mind fencing.gif