Forum Index > Partners > biking through the north cascades this weekend - 5/15 - 5/16
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
iron

iron
PostFri May 14, 2010 4:07 pm 
anyone interested in joining me? after much deliberation, my gut feel just wouldn't let me go on an alpine hiking/climbing trip with the avy danger lurking this weekend. as such, biking substitutes! thinking of marblemount to twisp on saturday and reversing it for sunday. about 95 miles, mostly hills, some strong winds, awesome awesome scenery, especially from the saddle of a bike. might stay in mazama, not sure yet. there's a couple of nice RV campgrounds with showers and a place for tent campers. overnight lows forecast at 50* for mazama smile.gif let me know. probably leaving seattle around 5:00am. ETA: there is a potential hwy 20 gets closed while biking due to avy slides. not sure that'll happen based on wsdot howitzer work.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Dane
Other

Dane
Other
PostFri May 14, 2010 4:37 pm 
Gotta work this weekend, otherwise I'd be glad to join you. Maybe next time.

Without judgement what would we do? We would be forced to look at ourselves... -Death
Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis

Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis
PostFri May 14, 2010 11:36 pm 
I would join, but not sure if its a good idea on the old bike as mentioned in some of my trip reports that catches friction making it slower and harder to ride, it is nearly 30 years old after all. wink.gif