Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > What are you snacking on?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher

Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher
PostWed Nov 17, 2010 1:21 pm 
Ski wrote:
chocolate-chip-cookies-111610
chocolate-chip-cookies-111610
pear-pie-111710
pear-pie-111710
Yum. tongue.gif Looks like the next NWH Social will be @ Ski's house! hungry.gif up.gif

Home is where the hiking is. "Peaks that have come and gone four times should halt a man in his steps." -- William O. Douglas A balanced diet is a margarita in each hand.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostWed Nov 17, 2010 1:55 pm 
no.. it'll be at the Mountaineers... I have a method to transport pies... I'm just waiting for some idea of an accurate head count...

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Dr. Greenthumb
blaze it up

Dr. Greenthumb
blaze it up
PostThu Nov 18, 2010 10:55 am 
ski, are you making enough pies so that we can have a pie in the face party? That would be so fun! epicure.gif

Ive got the prescription to get you higher
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu Nov 18, 2010 1:38 pm 
During the last 30 years, I've made pies out of apples, blackberries, blackcaps, blueberries, boysenberries, huckleberries, peaches, pears, plums*, pumpkins, and raspberries, as well as various combinations of the above. Unlike JP Patches or Soupy Sales, I've yet to make a pie out of shaving cream. Perhaps you could bring the necessary ingredients and show us how it's done. smile.gif * is an Italian Prune ( Prunus Domestica ) considered a plum? That was a one-shot deal. We were at a cabin with a propane oven, and a prolific prune tree across the meadow. I laid split prune halves in the bottom of a pie shell two layers deep ( in a 10" cast-iron skillet ). Lacking any sugar ( or seasonings or thickening agent ), I dropped a big dollop of orange marmalade in the middle, put the top crust on, and crossed my fingers. The prunes were ripe enough that they had enough pectin in them to make the filling set. That was one great pie. I should try it again some time.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Dr. Greenthumb
blaze it up

Dr. Greenthumb
blaze it up
PostThu Nov 18, 2010 2:22 pm 
PLEASE, PLEASE, pretty please with a cherry on top, make a plum pie for us!!!!! I always thought you could use any pie to throw in a face. shows you how much i know about pies. smoker.gif

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu Nov 18, 2010 3:02 pm 
I'll check the Russians and see if they have any Italian Prunes in mid-December, but I doubt it. You could throw any kind of pie, I suppose... but considering that I normally use a "Corning" type glass pie pan, throwing one of mine might result in serious injury. JP and Soupy used shaving cream on paper plates, which made for a lot of laughs. Earlier, during the silent-movie years, they used blackberry pies because it made for greater visual effect in black-and-white.

Dr. Greenthumb
blaze it up

Dr. Greenthumb
blaze it up
PostFri Nov 19, 2010 12:40 pm 
The best pie throwing party EVER!!! What do you think, are you up for it? Do you think Tom the janitor would mind cleaning up the mess?

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri Nov 19, 2010 1:46 pm 
I'm not sure which is funnier here : the pie in the face, or the jackets the men are wearing.

jenjen
Moderatrix

jenjen
Moderatrix
PostFri Nov 19, 2010 2:00 pm 
I'm snacking on Tings and coffee.

If life gives you melons - you might be dyslexic
More Cowbell
Warrior Princess

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess
PostFri Nov 19, 2010 2:41 pm 
Gnocchi sauteed in butter until they are puffy and crispy. Sprinkled with a little salt and parmesan.

“If you want to forget all your other troubles, wear too tight shoes.” - Unknown
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSat Nov 20, 2010 2:22 am 
apple-pie-112010
apple-pie-112010

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSat Nov 20, 2010 8:54 am 
I feel like baking some bread. eek.gif

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
veronika

veronika
PostSat Nov 20, 2010 7:16 pm 
Babysitting so it's Taco Bell all around. I am not cooking for 6 children. After further observation of children+soft tacos+sour cream... I should have cooked. Now I have to clean 6 children! shakehead.gif

Take risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping I may not have anyone rocking my world right now but, I don't have anyone messing it up either.
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostSat Nov 20, 2010 7:23 pm 
I baked orange-cranberry cookies to present to JimK in thanks for his help on getting my incapacitated, vandalised truck fixed last week. But that was Thursday, and I haven't had the chance to give them to him, and well - I mean, really - that was 2 days ago, and --- Maybe I can buy him a bag of Pecan Sandies at the Food Pavil in Arlington tomorrow instead....?

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostSat Nov 20, 2010 7:24 pm 
HiT wrote:
Now I have to clean 6 children! shakehead.gif
Just toss 'em outside, if it's raining.

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting