Forum Index > Photography Talk > Post your best photo from 2010
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
wiki summary

wiki summary
PostThu Dec 16, 2010 1:03 am 
Quote:
... but let us know a little about the photo and why it is your favourite. And I don’t want to hear any whining about “How can I possibly pick just one?” Less is more, make the hard decision and just pick ONE. lol.gif

This wiki summary post can be edited by any member
Back to top Reply to topic
Karen˛
A Real Canadian Girl

Karen˛
A Real Canadian Girl
PostSun Dec 12, 2010 7:37 pm 
My favourite threads on photography websites are the collections of each member’s best photo from the past year. There are so many great photographers on this website that it makes a powerful statement when you put all that talent together in one place – this thread. “Best” can be determined by your own criteria, it doesn’t have to be technically perfect. Maybe it was your favourite for personal reasons, circumstances, or a special achievement. After all photography is all about capturing a moment in time, but let us know a little about the photo and why it is your favourite. And I don’t want to hear any whining about “How can I possibly pick just one?” Less is more, make the hard decision and just pick ONE. lol.gif

I leave only footprints...and lens caps. http://weekendswithmarmots.zenfolio.com
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Karen˛
A Real Canadian Girl

Karen˛
A Real Canadian Girl
PostSun Dec 12, 2010 7:38 pm 
I’ll start us off. My best/favourite photo from 2010 was from my 9-day trip into the BC Coast Range. A difficult trip logistics-wise due to its remoteness, but this was an area that sat on my wish list for years but seemed so out of reach. We were not able to obtain much information about the area beforehand and armed only with a topo map and a pack on our backs, Larry and I managed to discover some of the most spectacular landscapes I have ever seen and photographed. I spotted this shot from a distance and setup my tripod and 200mm telelphoto lens and called Larry on the FRS and directed him to this exact spot, in hopes of providing a photograph that would demonstrate the sense of scale of this awesome landscape.
Hiker Meets Glacier
Hiker Meets Glacier

I leave only footprints...and lens caps. http://weekendswithmarmots.zenfolio.com
Hulksmash
Cleaning up.

Hulksmash
Cleaning up.
PostSun Dec 12, 2010 7:44 pm 
Not my best photo....but it is my Fav lol.gif
WTA Work Party
WTA Work Party

"Bears couldn't care less about us....we smell bad and don't taste too good. Bugs on the other hand see us as vending machines." - WetDog Albuterol! it's the 11th essential
GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostSun Dec 12, 2010 7:57 pm 
Aaah, a different take on the best photos of the year thread: to pick only a single one...? I like it! Karen˛, that photo was my favorite from your trip, for the reasons you mention. Here is mine:
Antelope Canyon
Antelope Canyon
The reasons: 1- This photo was taken in the most photogenic place I've ever been to. My trip to the southwest had been in the works for 3 years, but once I moved to Pittsburgh, it seemed that much further away. I saw many gorgeous places on a memorable trip, but Antelope Canyon was right up there. It was crowded as heck and tempers were frayed, but once I shut my mind to these distractions the magic seeped in. 2- From a technical point of view I chose the above shot because it is a perfect example of what moves me most: graphic elements in nature.

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
goinbigg17

goinbigg17
PostSun Dec 12, 2010 9:18 pm 
Sunset off the porch of our hotel room at McMenamin's Edgefield. An awesome hotel to get away for a weekend with that special someone
Sunset off the porch of our hotel room at McMenamin's Edgefield. An awesome hotel to get away for a weekend with that special someone

Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostSun Dec 12, 2010 11:32 pm 
The abyss 06-08-10 ....... Rucker Falls dropping behind the tip of the Avalanche Cone at Big Four.
The abyss 06-08-10 ....... Rucker Falls dropping behind the tip of the Avalanche Cone at Big Four.
It's just one of those personally satisfying shots. I made a lot of trips up the Avalanche Cone (over the years) before the configuration of the ice at the tip allowed me to get into position to take this picture. Then I was just lucky that a photostitch turned out well enough to give some sense of the depth of the actual scene.

Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you....... Go and find it. Go!
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostMon Dec 13, 2010 12:59 am 
My favorite is the suicide crab from the area of Chilean Memorial in ONP.
peek-a-boo (suicide crab)
peek-a-boo (suicide crab)

Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostMon Dec 13, 2010 1:20 am 
Some GREAT pics already, but DAMN Karen......THAT. IS. AMAZING.

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostMon Dec 13, 2010 1:21 am 
mepokeu, I would like to see your shot @ full res.

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostMon Dec 13, 2010 1:43 am 
Tough choice, but this is my favorite:

Gil

Gil
PostMon Dec 13, 2010 1:56 am 
Talapus Lake, Alpine Lakes Wilderness
Talapus Lake, Alpine Lakes Wilderness
My favorite for personal reasons. Our son finally feeling well again.

Friends help the miles go easier. Klahini
Jim Dockery

Jim Dockery
PostMon Dec 13, 2010 5:36 am 
Skiing Three Fingers
Skiing Three Fingers
For 20 years I've been skiing Mt. Pilchuck and looking over at the sweep of Three Fingers south face saying, "Someday." Conditions and desire finally came together last winter when Jeff and I skied it (the top 1,000 ft.) right at sunset, then climbed back to the hut in the dusk. BTW, thanks for the tip on the radio communication setting up that shot Karen. I just got a couple and will do that more.

Karen˛
A Real Canadian Girl

Karen˛
A Real Canadian Girl
PostMon Dec 13, 2010 7:53 pm 
Great start people! Let's keep it going, I know there is a lot of good stuff out there! Here is a little inspiration...

GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostMon Dec 13, 2010 8:16 pm 
Man, some really great shots there. I'm half tempted to change my current choice, but must fight the urge... suuure.gif C'mon people, that's gotta inspire you!

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
Tangeman
ride the storm

Tangeman
ride the storm
PostMon Dec 13, 2010 9:05 pm 
Arguably my fav. (Its hard to choose!!!) I like it because it shows the ruggedness of Dragontail Peak, just not the north face perspective most are used to. I took it about halfway up Aasgard Pass last August (and just posted the TR rolleyes.gif) Plus it was a quick-pull-out-the-point-and-shoot-and-take-a-quick-picture picture. I think it turned out nice for something like that. smile.gif

"Civilization is a nice place to visit, although I wouldn't want to live there." My photos