Forum Index > Trail Talk > Mesmerizing Bristlecone Photos (evening light, a comet and the Milky Way) from Mt. Washington, NV
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Eric Hansen

Eric Hansen
PostSun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm 
I know this grove of bristlecones, these trees, and have slept nearby several times. But I haven't captured images anywhere near the quality of these. https://tahoelight.com/blog/2020/07/great-basin-national-park/

Off trail rambler

Mike Collins, Gil, ChinookPass, RichP
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
gb

gb
PostMon Jan 30, 2023 8:20 am 
I have similar shots in The Grove of the Patriots. I have two images I printed that I display on my walls. I've visited the White Mountains perhaps half a dozen times. Bristlecones are for me a highly spiritual tree, as are great larches. My most recent visits were in 2009 & 2011, at which time I had a film camera and a cheaper Canon PowerShot. But on an earlier visit I received permission to sleep in the parking lot and went out at night to shoot a three hour star trail image, among others. These are not scanned.
I am aware of the Great Basin Bristlecones but not visited. I did hike Notch Peak once. https://www.conifers.org/pi/Pinus_longaeva.php

Eric Hansen
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostMon Jan 30, 2023 8:08 pm 
We have tried to get to this grove a couple times but we turned around by conditions will try again.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Eric Hansen

Eric Hansen
PostMon Jan 30, 2023 9:25 pm 
Malachai Constant, quiz me if I can be of help. There are some nice ridge routes there. Early June tends to be ideal but a bumper snowpack this year may linger.

Off trail rambler