Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Left lane campers.
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
huron

huron
PostSat Mar 16, 2024 10:02 am 
Self-centered drivers go slowly in the left lane because it is easy and stress-free. More-so if they go slower than traffic so that they never encounter a requirement to merge, slow or avoid anything in front of them. This allows them get on a conference call, drift off to sleep, poke at the entertainment system, or most often lap-gaze into a phone without being distracted by all that boring driving stuff. This is justified in their self-centered brains by reasoning that anyone who wants to drive faster is being unsafe and has no need to pass. Rather than enforcement, this could be solved by indenting a mildly irritating, vibration inducing surface treatment into the pavement in the left lane.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
markh752
Snoozing on a rock!

markh752
Snoozing on a rock!
PostSat Mar 16, 2024 2:06 pm 
huron wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:02 am huron wrote: Self-centered drivers go slowly in the left lane because it is easy and stress-free.
When I travel through Chehalis, I use the right lane to bypass the 62 mph trucks and slow pokes in the left lane.

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostSun Mar 17, 2024 12:45 pm 
huron wrote:
indenting a mildly irritating, vibration inducing surface treatment into the pavement in the left lane.
The right lane already has that -- from the extra wear from the truck traffic that spends the bulk of it's time in the right lane. At least that's my experience on I-90 and I-5 in WA, ID, MT, OR and CA.

Waterman

Waterman
PostSat Mar 23, 2024 7:28 pm 
markh752 wrote:
huron wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:02 am huron wrote: Self-centered drivers go slowly in the left lane because it is easy and stress-free.
When I travel through Chehalis, I use the right lane to bypass the 62 mph trucks and slow pokes in the left lane.
I find the right lane generally is faster, at least on the section of I-5 that I drive. Everett north to Anacortes. Sunday southbound is the worst day of the week. Want to mention cheapest gas is located just off I-5 on hwy 530. Pass the first 5 stations for the native smoke/gas at the light.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,I took the one less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSat Mar 23, 2024 8:21 pm 
On my way to Idaho near Sprague lake HP had someone pulled over on the right shoulder. I nearly always merge left in that case but there were slow vehicles blocking me and I would have had to brake and slow way down in order to merge safely. So I stayed in the right lane. There were two patrol cars and one came up behind me and pulled me over. He didn't give me a ticket, just a verbal warning that it is unlawful to not merge left. I always thought that it was out of courtesy, but not unlawful to not do so. You learn something every day.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
neek

neek
PostSun Apr 07, 2024 6:20 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
He didn't give me a ticket, just a verbal warning that it is unlawful to not merge left
They also told me you can slow down by 15mph if that's not possible? Not sure though.

catsp

catsp
PostSun Apr 07, 2024 6:45 pm