Forum Index > Support & Feedback > CFT: Critter Free Thread
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
williswall
poser

williswall
poser
PostFri Dec 20, 2013 5:07 pm 
Without being mean spirited, I wanted to put forth this method for keeping your threads free of the spray that is ubiquitous on the rest of this site. Perhaps you, like some of us, have no interest in the opinions or advice offered by this individual, either in writing or through video. Perhaps you are not interested in the thread drift that is all too common. Perhaps you recognize the characteristics of attention getters and don't want to feed the fire. I believe, as the author of your own thread, be it in the gear section or anywhere else on this site, that you should have the right to keep this noise out of your own by posting, in the beginning: CFT (Critter Free Thread) This sends the message, loud and clear, that input from him is unwanted. He is of course free to post his own stuff and insert himself anywhere else, as is all too common, for others to read and, in vain, try to offer suggestions on being less abrasive.....how is that working so far? But for me, when I author a thread, I want the option of opting out of any input from this individual. BTW, consider this a CFT. Offenses should be dealt with accordingly by admin. I believe this option is fair to all, those who want to engage feel free, but those who don't should have the right to keep him out of their own thread.

I desire medium danger williswall.com
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Chief joseph

Chief joseph
PostFri Dec 20, 2013 5:27 pm 
A Critter free thread is nearly as important as a critter free bed. hockeygrin.gif

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Relax

Relax
PostFri Dec 20, 2013 5:29 pm 
Real people are not offended by any opinion however it is stated. Thin skinned pansies, well I can see how they might have a problem. They definitely need to be exposed to more strongly stated opinions to toughen their skin and join the human race instead of residing in pansy limp wristed hand shake land. Critter goes for lightest and non comfortable. Me? I go for CHEEEP, locally made, and weight third.

PorcupinePhobia
Murse

PorcupinePhobia
Murse
PostFri Dec 20, 2013 5:32 pm 
I understand your reasoning, but why not the Ignore button?

williswall
poser

williswall
poser
PostFri Dec 20, 2013 5:37 pm 
Relax wrote:
Real people are not offended by any opinion however it is stated. Thin skinned pansies, well I can see how they might have a problem. They definitely need to be exposed to more strongly stated opinions to toughen their skin and join the human race instead of residing in pansy limp wristed hand shake land. Critter goes for lightest and non comfortable. Me? I go for CHEEEP, locally made, and weight third.
I am not offended in any way, to each his own. I just want to avoid the thread drift (in mine) that his input causes by others engaging him.

JPH

JPH
PostFri Dec 20, 2013 5:43 pm 
You're a user, he's a user. If you want a thread free of any particular person, start your own website and make your own rules.

williswall
poser

williswall
poser
PostFri Dec 20, 2013 5:44 pm 
PorcupinePhobia wrote:
I understand your reasoning, but why not the Ignore button?
I have in fact used that, but in your own thread you see responses to his posts without seeing what he wrote, then you have to un-ignore to make sense of those responses. In other people's threads it works fine, I just move on.

Damian

Damian
PostFri Dec 20, 2013 5:56 pm 
A thread with no topic or purpose other than to exclude has no place here and will only invite negativity. Use the Ignore feature.