Forum Index > Food & Grub > DIY Guide to Instant Backpacking Meals
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
outdoorgrrl

outdoorgrrl
PostTue Apr 21, 2015 11:14 am 
The idea of sharing this makes me totally nervous, but here goes... I've been teaching a sold-out seminar on creating home-cooked, just-add-water backpacking meals for The Mountaineers for four years. I'm finally compiling all of the tips and techniques and recipes from the seminar into a book. If you're interested in finding out when the guide is ready later this summer, please sign up here! Also, if you know someone else who might be interested, I would be so grateful if you passed the link on to them, too! Thanks, Carry P.S. Whew!

Are you tired of eating mediocre, freeze-dried backpacking meals? Learn to create inexpensive, tasty meals for backpacking and climbing with the DIY Guide to Instant Backpacking Meals.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Wolfman

Wolfman
PostFri Apr 24, 2015 5:36 pm 
Hi Outdoorgrrl, So if I follow the link i come to a page that... well kinda looks like a grab for email address. Not saying it is. Just would like to know what I'm signing up for, if you don't mind. I really like making my own back country meals so this is of interest to me. Probably others too. Thanks

renegadepilgrim

renegadepilgrim
PostFri Apr 24, 2015 6:38 pm 
How is your book going to be different than what Dicentra and Sarbar have already published?

_____________________________ Travel Blog: http://renegadepilgrim.com Trail Reports: http://wenthiking.com/renegadepilgrim Instagram: renegadepilgrim
outdoorgrrl

outdoorgrrl
PostSat Apr 25, 2015 8:28 am 
Wolfman wrote:
So if I follow the link i come to a page that... well kinda looks like a grab for email address. Not saying it is. Just would like to know what I'm signing up for, if you don't mind.
You are only signing up to receive an email when the book is ready with a discount code. I may also send a couple updates, recipes to test, etc. between now and then. This is a list, managed my me and only me. I won't be sharing anything...no spam either.

Are you tired of eating mediocre, freeze-dried backpacking meals? Learn to create inexpensive, tasty meals for backpacking and climbing with the DIY Guide to Instant Backpacking Meals.
outdoorgrrl

outdoorgrrl
PostSat Apr 25, 2015 8:36 am 
renegadepilgrim wrote:
How is your book going to be different than what Dicentra and Sarbar have already published?
I'm not familiar with Dicentra's book. I own Sarbar's book and think it's great. I even reference it in the Guide and recommend people check it out. How is are the two different? Sarbar's book focuses on combining commercially made stuff (potato flakes, cous cous, ramen, sauce powders, etc.) with individually dehydrated ingredients. The recipes and techniques in the DIY Guide to Instant Backpacking Meals are more focused on how you can turn the food you really enjoy eating at home into instant meals on the trail. I'm perfecting recipes for things like Red Thai Curry, Autumn Harvest Stew, Midsummer Risotto, Lentil & Eggplant Chile Mole, Mushroom Stroganoff, etc.

Wolfman

Wolfman
PostSat Apr 25, 2015 10:57 am 
Thanks Grrl! ;-) And thanks for the information on what your doing. Any way to take good food with you hiking is a great resource.

graffiti

graffiti
PostSat Apr 25, 2015 11:07 am 
Signed up and I can't wait to check it out.

And the meek shall inherit the Earth...um...if that's ok with you.
Kirt

Kirt
PostSat Apr 25, 2015 4:17 pm 
Looking forward to it.

sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostSat Apr 25, 2015 8:35 pm 
I figure there is always new ways smile.gif up.gif

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
outdoorgrrl

outdoorgrrl
PostSun Apr 26, 2015 8:41 am 
sarbar wrote:
I figure there is always new ways smile.gif up.gif
Absolutely! I loved your book and website Sara. It set me firmly on the path of making food at home instead of buying freeze dried stuff. As long as people are eating awesome food that they love, it's all good!

outdoorgrrl

outdoorgrrl
PostSun Apr 26, 2015 8:42 am 
Oh, and can someone point me to Dicentra's book? I'd love to check it out.

outdoorgrrl

outdoorgrrl
PostThu May 07, 2015 11:59 am 
To everyone who has signed up already, THANK YOU! I just sent an email to you with a recipe for Chia, Quinoa & Oat Energy Bars that you can make today to take on the trail this weekend. (Something to tide you over until the book is ready...) If you'd like the recipe, too, but aren't signed up yet, you can add your name to the list and get a copy of the recipe emailed to you. Just click visit this page: https://app.convertkit.com/landing_pages/1951.

bk

bk
PostThu Sep 10, 2015 3:48 am