Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > This Might Affect Prescribed Burning
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostFri Mar 22, 2024 4:11 pm 
If the county wins, expect even less burning. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/feds-protest-arrest-of-firefighter-near-site-of-anti-government-standoff/ar-BB1klfrZ?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=94bcadf05c144981905d374aa4ac9f5b&ei=47

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Pyrites

Pyrites
PostFri Mar 22, 2024 6:43 pm 
I’m shocked the sheriff and maybe the DA aren’t subject to Federal prosecution. Did the rest of the crew climb in their vehicles and leave?

Keep Calm and Carry On? Heck No. Stay Excited and Get Outside!
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Mar 22, 2024 8:20 pm 
"In her federal court motion filed last week, Kerin argued that “because Mr. Snodgrass was acting in his official capacity as a federal official … he is immune from prosecution based on the Supremacy Clause” and is entitled to have his case heard in federal court.". I agree that he should be immune from prosecution, he was just doing his job and as the article stated, the fire got away due to unforeseen high winds. If he was negligent then he should be fired or demoted, but not prosecuted.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Pyrites

Pyrites
PostFri Mar 22, 2024 8:35 pm 
IPNF has some new program where they are going to apply prescriptions across USFS/BLM/State/private forest/ and private property at a landscape scale. Boundaries and property lines everywhere. I just can’t see some GS 9 seeing their family savings going out the door in a few months. I am serious about the next person in the IC chain at the Malheur County fire leaving until they could get armed Federal officers on site. It’s just not tenable working conditions.

Keep Calm and Carry On? Heck No. Stay Excited and Get Outside!
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSat Mar 23, 2024 8:14 am 
I was going to go do touristy things in that area but will boycott it.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSat Mar 23, 2024 8:15 am 
^ When this cabal of nutters is finally either bankrupted or behind bars, this will stop. This is the same bunch of kooks that tried to take over the USFS Ranger Station - not a whit of difference.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSat Mar 23, 2024 8:21 am 
Ski wrote:
^ When this cabal of nutters is finally either bankrupted or behind bars, this will stop. This is the same bunch of kooks that tried to take over the USFS Ranger Station - not a whit of difference.
Those folks who took over a wildlife refuge weren't Oregonians. These are locals. However, the guy who was killed in the roadblock, and others were heading to Grant County to participate in some kind of a rally or speech or something. The sheriff supports the radicals. I can't see any FS people wanting to work there-- Another nail in the brain drain door. Makes Okanogan County look quite nice because we've only had a pitchfork with a sign speared on it at a meeting so far. That was at a grizzly meeting.

jinx'sboy

jinx'sboy
PostSat Mar 23, 2024 8:34 am 
I know a young woman who worked for the FS as a lookout on the Malheur Forest this last summer….she told me about this situation not long after she came back to Okanogan County for the winter. I thought to myself; ‘nah..cant be happening, she must have the story crossed up’. I found out later she was right, of course. A lot of the folks doing these type of burns for the FS are not even full time employees and lack much in the way of seniority, retirement, benefits. She tells me lot of employees down there were saying ‘oh, screw it’….and were moving on.

domaz

domaz
PostSat Mar 23, 2024 11:58 am 
There's a simple solution here. Oregon can take over the local police force and replace them with State Police. Stop giving these idiots any lee-way put the hammer down.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSat Mar 23, 2024 12:25 pm 
It would be cheaper and better in the long run if they'd just move themselves to Idaho. Idaho is experiencing a brain drain--according to articles in the Spokesman Review so they'll fit right in.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSat Mar 23, 2024 12:31 pm 
They might find a bit more resistance over here in Idaho, especially the northern part. horsey.gif

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostSat Mar 23, 2024 12:58 pm 
Lots of Gadsten flags down there.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
jinx'sboy

jinx'sboy
PostThu Mar 28, 2024 4:43 am 
Very good piece - a couple weeks ago - from ProPublica about the ‘drain’ of experienced wildland firefighters from the agencies. https://www.propublica.org/article/wildland-firefighters And just a few days ago, there was a zoom follow-up with the article’s author and some of the subjects of the story.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu Mar 28, 2024 6:31 am 
^ Good people are not going to stick around when the nutters take over. The United States Forest Service is not the only governmental body in which this is taking place.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."

dave allyn
Stefan

Stefan
PostThu Mar 28, 2024 3:37 pm 
treeswarper wrote:
If the county wins, expect even less burning. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/feds-protest-arrest-of-firefighter-near-site-of-anti-government-standoff/ar-BB1klfrZ?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=94bcadf05c144981905d374aa4ac9f5b&ei=47
Fascinating. Its almost like a Jack Reacher movie kind of story. But opposite. I see two different cases. One. Obstructing the firemen. Two. The "boss" doing something wrong Well. From what I can usually see.....the intentional burns.....are to help people. I don't see how that is a problem. Obstructing the firemen....well, I sure would like to see what happens with that one. In the end....I don't want to see more fires burned....but if that area catches on fire...I would let it burn those peoples houses.

Art is an adventure.

idoru