PostThu Aug 12, 2021 11:29 am 
apparenly there is also a glass shortage nationwide

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostThu Aug 12, 2021 12:18 pm 
I'm thinking that whenever there are firecamps in the area, groceries may be picked over. The shelves seem extra bare right now. Noticed the bottled water section was really bare. It is also Stampede week here though so that also affects things.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
peppersteak'n'ale

peppersteak'n'ale
PostFri Sep 03, 2021 11:55 pm 
Friend at Chateau Ste. Michelle who runs the bottling line says the shortage is not just glass, but the cardboard boxes they pack them in

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSat Sep 04, 2021 12:05 am 
cdestroyer wrote:
apparenly there is also a glass shortage nationwide
so.... when are we actually going to re-use some of that glass we've been "recycling"? dizzy.gif

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostSat Sep 04, 2021 5:48 am 
peppersteak'n'ale wrote:
but the cardboard boxes they pack them in
Cardboard must be in short supply because of all the wood pulp being dedicated to toilet paper production. https://www.businessinsider.com/pg-toilet-paper-delta-covid-stockpiling-2021-9

neek

neek
PostSat Sep 04, 2021 10:31 am 
Ski wrote:
so.... when are we actually going to re-use some of that glass we've been "recycling"? dizzy.gif
Growlers are one of many reasons beer is better than wine. Although apparently they're selling wine in cans now.
Randito wrote:
Cardboard must be in short supply because of all the wood pulp being dedicated to toilet paper production.
Ah, then the microchip shortage must be due to...ok never mind, won't go there.

Kascadia, Cyclopath, Ski, zimmertr
Schroder

Schroder
PostSat Sep 04, 2021 1:12 pm 
Randito wrote:
Cardboard must be in short supply because of all the wood pulp being dedicated to toilet paper production.
They're unrelated. Cardboard stock is made in different mills & processes.

cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostSat Sep 04, 2021 4:21 pm 
and now I read in the news that our fav snacks are going to be in short supply as well because of the workers strike.....

Pyrites

Pyrites
PostSat Sep 04, 2021 6:03 pm 
Randito wrote:
peppersteak'n'ale wrote:
but the cardboard boxes they pack them in
Cardboard must be in short supply because of all the wood pulp being dedicated to toilet paper production. https://www.businessinsider.com/pg-toilet-paper-delta-covid-stockpiling-2021-9
Odd reporting. The only way pulp Mills run is 24-7. The old Weyerhaeuser Kraft mill at Everett took about 26 hours from first chips in the digester to first dried pulp on the paper machine on the other end.

Keep Calm and Carry On? Heck No. Stay Excited and Get Outside!
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostSat Sep 04, 2021 7:16 pm 
Pyrites wrote:
Odd reporting. The only way pulp Mills run is 24-7. The old Weyerhaeuser Kraft mill at Everett took about 26 hours from first chips in the digester to first dried pulp on the paper machine on the other end.
Yeah, once you read media reports about something you have direct personal experience with, from that point forward you take media reporting with a degree of skepticism. I did read elsewhere that the production rate has been increased. Personally, I've never understood the hoarding of TP.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSat Sep 04, 2021 7:34 pm 
A friend who had been through a few episodes of being cut off from the rest of the world told me to stock up on TP (when I moved there) as it could be used for trading and becomes scarce. I will admit to slowly buying a bit extra each time when I started hearing about Covid in China. Not a huge amount, but a couple of month's worth, I guess. I learned the hard way that chips and other munchies go fast and to fill up my vehicle with gas when disaster looms. That episode was in the 2006 flooding. Other island dwellers (our area became an island for a while) and I went to the bar for adult beverages thinking that we would drink up their supply first. It was an unpleasant place, filled up with rude, noisy elk hunters. I rode my bicycle around to check stuff. I think we were marooned for three days. The next year it was mudslides.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostSun Sep 05, 2021 7:42 am 
and now add on top of that a shortage of edible oils, palm oil,olive... etc due to a shortage of workers....include the shortage of computer chips for cars I would imagine other parts are also in short supply... you new car is gonna cost twice last years price and your wait will be 6 months which by that time it will be necessary to buy a newer car..... ha ha

BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostSun Sep 05, 2021 11:32 pm 
They were out of ranch packets!! They only had honey musturd!!! It is my belief that this is related to the various shortage claims. If this outrage continues I'm thinkin' we're standing tall on legal grounds to have a case!!! Collectively!! Thinkin potential class legal lawsuit type deal. Someone in Big Food needs to be brought down big!!!

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostMon Sep 06, 2021 12:16 am 
cdestroyer wrote:
and now add on top of that a shortage of edible oils, palm oil,olive... etc due to a shortage of workers....include the shortage of computer chips for cars I would imagine other parts are also in short supply... you new car is gonna cost twice last years price and your wait will be 6 months which by that time it will be necessary to buy a newer car..... ha ha
Yea, noticed that while shopping last week, the cheapest veg oil was $4 for the store brand. Check grocery outlet, a few days ago their oil was still 2.89.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.