Forum Index > Gear Talk > Massage Ball
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
RumiDude
Marmota olympus

RumiDude
Marmota olympus
PostMon May 24, 2021 10:21 pm 
So there are these massage balls made of cork that you can use out on the trail to massage your feet, leggs, and almost any part of your body if you are able to get into the position to do so. Rawology are what I am referring to. They make balls of cork in various sizes and they are relatively inexpensive. I was going to order from them when I realized that the corks from sparkling wines are also suitable for the same purpose. I use corks from Prosecco and they work well for me. They are firm enough that they work. The ones I use are only 10 grams and basically form a 1.75"x1.125" cylinder. I have a bottle of Prosecco about once every three or four weeks, which means I have a lot of these corks so I am not concerned if I lose one. Anyway, I love using these for tired feet and my sore sciatic joint. If you don't drink sparkling wines, maybe you have a friend that does and will save these corks for you. Rumi

"This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all."
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostMon May 24, 2021 11:08 pm 
Rumi - the only thing new about this is the material they're made of, and I'm not sure cork can be cleaned that easily. But you're right on the money with the realization that any similar sphere can accomplish the job: A racquetball ball; a tennis ball for more sensitive spots, even a golf ball for the soles of the feet (Try standing on one of those). Another useful tool can be made from 2 tennis balls tied together in a sock; place them on opposite sides of the spine to decompress all the segments evenly.

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood
cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostTue May 25, 2021 6:44 am 
I have a small blue ball that is soft that I use for massage on the sciatic nerve areas

KillerCharlie

KillerCharlie
PostFri Jul 09, 2021 5:54 pm 
I second the Rawology balls, especially for backpacking - I don't think there's anything lighter out there.

Bowregard

Bowregard
PostMon Jul 12, 2021 8:06 am 
I am curious. I had sciatic nerve pain years ago but fortunately other that a few twinges now and then it has not been back. The source of my pain was lower lumbar joints (herniated disc). Where/how do you use a small ball to relieve sciatic pain?