Forum Index > Partners > Dragontail via ingalls creek route
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
TheWanderingIndian

TheWanderingIndian
PostSun Jul 11, 2021 10:50 am 
I’m doing dragontail via the dragontail creek valley which rises above lake ingalls. I’ll be doing the climb starting Tuesday 7/13 morning a 2AM. I’ll be starting from the Beverly turnpike trailhead. I would like to explore the upper core of the enchantments and maybe descend down the crystal creek valley. The climb is supposed to be easy. Here’s my route, let me know if you’d like to join!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostSun Jul 11, 2021 3:20 pm 
Have a great adventure! Take care travelling on those boulder fields

TheWanderingIndian
rbuzby
Attention Surplus

rbuzby
Attention Surplus
PostThu Jul 15, 2021 3:32 pm 
TheWanderingIndian wrote:
I’m doing dragontail via the dragontail creek valley which rises above lake ingalls.
It does?
I’ll be doing the climb starting Tuesday 7/13 morning a 2AM. I’ll be starting from the Beverly turnpike trailhead. I would like to explore the upper core of the enchantments and maybe descend down the crystal creek valley. The climb is supposed to be easy.
I did it on snowshoes from Ingalls creek once. It wasn't easy. So, how did it go?

TheWanderingIndian

TheWanderingIndian
PostThu Jul 15, 2021 8:42 pm 
rbuzby wrote:
I’m doing dragontail via the dragontail creek valley which rises above lake ingalls.
It does? Haha my bad I meant say ingalls creek.
I’ll be doing the climb starting Tuesday 7/13 morning a 2AM. I’ll be starting from the Beverly turnpike trailhead. I would like to explore the upper core of the enchantments and maybe descend down the crystal creek valley. The climb is supposed to be easy.
I did it on snowshoes from Ingalls creek once. It wasn't easy. So, how did it go?
Definitely not Easy, the beckey book said an easy hike. Definitely not that. That man is wild. I got about 750 feet vert through the bush before I tapped out. It’s was some of thickest toughest bush I’ve been in. I think I entered into the bush to early. There seems to be a little creek gully that reaches the valley floor, and when dry that’s probably the best way up to avoid the bush! I’ll be trying that route again next month. Here’s some shots before it got really bad
These pictures don’t show the thick stuff at all, but it’s all I got

KascadeFlat, rbuzby