Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Nuttiest Mariner trade of all time - Despoto got to go!
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
FiveNines

FiveNines
PostTue Oct 12, 2021 7:32 pm 
Nice to see Graveman putting in some work for the team this postseason. Looks like he fits in well. Real character. Always liked that guy.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
FiveNines

FiveNines
PostSat Jul 30, 2022 7:48 pm 
Toro fills in for struggling Julio and single hand wins the game in 9th inn against cheater Astros. Overpaid Graveman struggling for relevance on the S side of Chicago. This trade just keeps getting better and better. Dipoto is the best.
Refuse to lose! Go ms.

gb

gb
PostMon Aug 01, 2022 7:13 pm 
FiveNines wrote:
Toro fills in for struggling Julio and single hand wins the game in 9th inn against cheater Astros. Overpaid Graveman struggling for relevance on the S side of Chicago. This trade just keeps getting better and better. Dipoto is the best. Refuse to lose! Go ms.
While Toro has never really produced, he does ok sometimes, but he is a .175 hitter. The Mariners have plenty of those. Graveman would have meant the play-offs last year, although the M's wouldn't have gone anywhere. The Mariners have too many easy outs. Kelenick probably has the ability, but frankly he does not seem to have the mental makeup to be a top big league performer. He is looking right now like a poor draft pick. It is going to be very difficult for the Mariners without France and Julio the next ten days; they are not really on top of their game right now. Like Lewis, when they come back it may take 5-6 games for either of them to do a lot, I'd guess. I don't think they can count on Hanniger, either. He may well have been a one time wonder that one very good year. The Mariners seem to have great chemistry and their recent performance was amazing. But, they would need to do that again after the next 8-10 games.

FiveNines

FiveNines
PostTue Aug 02, 2022 8:56 pm 
gb wrote:
While Toro has never really produced, he does ok sometimes, but he is a .175 hitter. The Mariners have plenty of those.
Toro is Barry Bonds of the 9th inning. Cant teach clutch mentality like that. Was hoping ms could add to their prolific collection of 1B / DH guys who can't run before the trade deadline. And/or pull off Kelenic for Edwin Diaz trade w/t Mets. When I yell at clouds, sometimes it's about mlb allowing 6 wild card teams. It would be disappointing to end historical 20+ year streak by sneaking into FAKE playoffs!

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Aug 02, 2022 9:16 pm 
Yes, I also dislike all the wild card teams, the NBA playoffs are similarly watered down. But it's professional sports, so it's all about the money. For the viewer it is pretty much a waste of time, since those teams have little chance of advancing. Then there is the NFL now with a 17 game regular season, logically, given the physicality of the game, no way it should have changed from 14 games...again, all about the money. Also would like to know the 'logic' behind a 162 game MLB season? Only thing that makes sense is that when the game began it was more like a full time job than a sport.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
trestle

trestle
PostWed Aug 03, 2022 4:21 pm 
The worst part of professional (and now college) sports are the ridiculous broadcasting fees and resultant carrier fees that effect all of our cable/internet/cellular bills.

"Life favors the prepared." - Edna Mode
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Aug 03, 2022 7:13 pm 
I agree, I pay about 115 per month for dish network and can’t even watch the mariners.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
FiveNines

FiveNines
PostSat Dec 03, 2022 1:26 pm 
Make way for the new Toro!

trestle

trestle
PostWed Dec 07, 2022 5:48 pm 
gb wrote:
Despotoa
confused.gif When did we enter the middle school cafeteria? Even for the Saloon, this is in poor taste.

gb

gb
PostThu Dec 08, 2022 9:09 am 
trestle wrote:
gb wrote:
Despotoa
confused.gif When did we enter the middle school cafeteria? Even for the Saloon, this is in poor taste.
You are typically in that cafeteria and follow me around like a bad fart; seems you have issues.

trestle

trestle
PostSat Dec 10, 2022 10:21 am 
Follow you around? You post frequently here, do you think no one reads what you write? And no, I don't make fun of people's names or call anyone a name. Not my thing since leaving adolescence behind. I have issues? Please, think up one of your clever nicknames for me.

FiveNines

FiveNines
PostSat Dec 10, 2022 5:32 pm 
Hey folks. Can we keep the nonsense to a minimum? If yall want to trade cafeteria insults and defend your honor, I'd ask to do it in the appropriate forum, instead. I'll try to get this topic back on track. The celebration of Abraham Toro. Ms best sub 200 hitter since Carlos Santana. A veritable switch hitting B Bonds of the 9th inning. K Wong has some big shoes to fill. Thanks for the memories!