Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Has anyone seen the movie "Captain Milkshake"?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
HitTheTrail

HitTheTrail
PostWed Aug 04, 2021 7:39 pm 
The movie was made in the early 1970's but never released to the public, only shown on a very limited basis for marketing purposes. It has since became a cult film and is said to capture the era of the 1960's much better than "Easy Rider". I and some friends just watched a movie in 1971 in Scottsbluff Nebraska and were walking out when they ask us if we wanted to stay for another film free of charge. We stayed and got to see it. I would like to re-watch it but cannot find a copy. I had one on order from Amazon last year but they refunded my money and said it is no longer available.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostWed Aug 04, 2021 8:29 pm 
HitTheTrail

HitTheTrail
PostThu Aug 05, 2021 5:02 am 
Looks familiar, I think that was where amazon was sourcing it. But after a month of nothing happening I got a cryptic notice and refund from amazon saying it was unavailable.

RichP

RichP
PostThu Aug 05, 2021 6:27 am 
It looks like Scarecrow in Seattle has it. You can rent it by mail. I've never heard of this film but would like to see it myself after viewing some clips and interviews on youtube. The narrative is relevant even today. http://blog.scarecrow.com https://www.scarecrow.com/45/search.html?keywords=captain+milkshake

Slide Alder Slayer

Slide Alder Slayer
PostFri Aug 06, 2021 10:04 am 
No, but I have watched Gunpowder Milkshake.

HitTheTrail

HitTheTrail
PostThu Apr 06, 2023 5:30 pm 
I managed to get a copy of Captain Milkshake and rewatch it again after 50 years. It is about what I remember. It doesn’t have the Hollywood storyline that Easy Rider has and you can tell it is a slightly lower budget film with hokey background scenes flashing tie dyed and lava lamp images. It does a pretty good job of capturing the Viet Nam protest era of the 60’s and is a touching love story between a marine on a short leave from Viet Nam and a protester chick. There is inappropriate racist and sexist language that could not be used today and should never have been used back then. It was rated R then but has only mild almost artistic nudity and no graphic violence except for about 30 seconds of a slow motion jungle combat scene at the end. Having finished high school, got drafted into the army and graduated from the university all in the decade of the 60’s I definitely saw a lot of stuff I actually experienced. If you missed the 1960’s and are interested in that era it might be worth watching.