Forum Index > Gear Talk > Underwear with fly
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostMon Aug 23, 2021 8:46 am 
My Patagonia bottoms get stretched out with the COVID 19 and now that we can hike and bike again they are falling off my butt. When I looked for replacement they all seem to be missing a necessary orifice. What gives, is this some plot?

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
neek

neek
PostMon Aug 23, 2021 9:00 am 
Maybe you're putting them on backwards?

Chief Joseph, Neet, Kim Brown
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostMon Aug 23, 2021 9:42 am 
Uh nope

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
RumiDude
Marmota olympus

RumiDude
Marmota olympus
PostMon Aug 23, 2021 1:33 pm 
These are my current favorite hiking underwear, Marmot Performance Boxer-Briefs. It is actually easy to get the snake out of his lair and back again with these, if you know what I mean. Very comfortable and I have no complaints. Rumi

"This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all."
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostFri Aug 27, 2021 3:56 pm 
I was talking about long lightweight underwear. REI brand has the proper exit and is currently on sale. smile.gif

Franco

Franco
PostFri Aug 27, 2021 5:26 pm 
I don't know about underwear with fly but I fly with underwear. Or I take a plane. (my IceBreaker longs do have a fly. Not sure if they still sell them like that now...)

RumiDude
Marmota olympus

RumiDude
Marmota olympus
PostFri Aug 27, 2021 5:38 pm 
I have a pair of Smartwool long underwear that have a fly. I have no idea if the current itteration of then still have the fly. Rumi EDIT: Also just noticed that my 32 Degree light weight long unders have a fly as well. I get those at Costco whenever they have them. Probably will show up soon as Fall approaches.

"This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all."
RumiDude
Marmota olympus

RumiDude
Marmota olympus
PostMon Aug 30, 2021 9:57 pm 
Just noticed tonight that the 32* Heat tops and bottoms were at Costco again. I think the price was $14.99 for a two pack.

bccarlso

bccarlso
PostThu Oct 07, 2021 12:44 pm 
Ya'll don't just pull it out over the top? That was a game-changing technique I learned in my teens… to each their own though.

coldrain108
Trailhead
PCT Class of 2012

Trailhead
PCT Class of 2012
PostTue Oct 12, 2021 9:22 pm 
Interesting. I just was thinking how the new underwear I purchased do not have a fly and it seemed strange. But then I realized I never use it anyway.

Stefan

Stefan
PostWed Oct 13, 2021 11:38 am 
Malachai Constant wrote:
My Patagonia bottoms get stretched out with the COVID 19 and now that we can hike and bike again they are falling off my butt. When I looked for replacement they all seem to be missing a necessary orifice. What gives, is this some plot?
What do you identify as?

Art is an adventure.
Trailhead
PCT Class of 2012

Trailhead
PCT Class of 2012
PostSun Oct 17, 2021 7:40 pm 
By the way, it's going to be hard to find the style of long johns that had the backdoor that you could unbutton as well. 🤣🤣🤣

Chief Joseph
Neet

Neet
PostThu Feb 10, 2022 9:24 pm 
While tromping around on local trails today, I was just wondering why they don't have women's pants that could be unzipped far enough for more discreet relief stops. I was a little afraid to google it, but actually got a link straight to some pants designed for just that! It has a silly video, too, in case you need a laugh. https://sheflyapparel.com/pages/how-our-pants-work It was pure luck I stumbled on this relevant post today, while responding to Google's notification that I needed to change my nwhikers password.

Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostFri Feb 11, 2022 1:29 pm 
I saw this she pee pants ad few weeks ago. Seems like a good idea until you realize your underwear doesn't have that same split. I saw that they do address that somewhere; perhaps in the video (I didn't watch it again, so not sure). You have to stretch one of the leg holes of your underwear aside. Because I usually wait until it's too late to do anything efficiently and gracefully, I can see myself peeing on the leghole-pulling hand; or peeing on my underwear. Or on the hiking pants because of the extra fumbling required.

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
Neet

Neet
PostFri Feb 11, 2022 1:37 pm 
The cost of the SheFly pants is beyond my means anyway ($168), and the fit seems designed to be super tight. I wish the website had more information on why these pants are superior (if) beyond just that they have an extra zipper. Maybe I'll talk to a seamstress. P.S. I'll bet the guys never guessed where the original post would go.