Slugman
Itís a Slugfest!
PostTue Dec 19, 2023 12:01 pm 
hikerbiker, Now I Fly
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostMon Jan 01, 2024 8:24 pm 
UW just went up by 10 in the 3rd quarter against Texas. Penix is having an incredible game, looking like he did the first half of the season. Accuracy on the deep throws is unbelievable. Michigan awaits the winner, beat Alabama 27-20 in OT.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostMon Jan 01, 2024 8:26 pm 
Not related to UW, but bowl season has turned into a complete bust. Several teams had almost half their players either transfer out or opt out of playing in their bowl. There's just not really any reason to have these games anymore, and no reason to watch them. Expand the playoff and get rid of bowls all together as they are completely obsolete and meaningless.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostMon Jan 01, 2024 9:24 pm 
The Dawgs make every game more interesting than it needs to be. Every game. Should have put this one away a long time ago, but Texas scored to get within 6. UW just kicked a FG to go up 9 w/ 2:40 left. I'd like to think that iced it, but you never know.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostMon Jan 01, 2024 9:46 pm 
They are trying really hard to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Unbelievable clock mismanagement down the stretch.

Chief Joseph
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostMon Jan 01, 2024 9:52 pm 
Texas had 4 cracks at a game winning TD from the red zone. That was way too stressful, but UW hangs on.

Now I Fly, Chief Joseph
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostMon Jan 01, 2024 9:54 pm 
This game and the last few were like a bad football flick. I donít think my ticker can take very many more.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Jan 01, 2024 10:02 pm 
Ridiculous they put an obviously injured Dillon in on the last run. Not only does he suffer what looks to be a much more serious injury, they can't run down the clock. Horrible rule, clock should have started after the injury timeout. Huskies should have taken a knee 3 times and made Texas drive 80 yards with ~20 seconds left. Thought for sure they were going to lose when Texas got into the RZ. Would have been a tragedy, the Huskies were clearly the better team.

Chief Joseph, Malachai Constant
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostMon Jan 01, 2024 10:23 pm 
For sure, talk about dodging a bullet! One one of their last possessions they were getting fancy and I think threw the ball on every down, then Texas scored and there was a huge momentum shift at that point. Running the ball there would have cut into the clock, especially if they were able to get a first down. Also I agree Tom, that was a big mistake going with an injured running back.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Slugman
Itís a Slugfest!

Slugman
Itís a Slugfest!
PostTue Jan 02, 2024 11:33 am 
Sorry Tom, bad math on your part. More like 26-30 seconds, or more, with the kneel down scenario. If the QB kneels, maybe a second comes off the clock, not the multiple seconds for a running play. Multiplied by three downs, thatís significant. You canít ask for a kneel down then still count the time the running play took. If everything else was the same, Texas would have had at least one good try at the end zone from close in. I imagine some people may have been worried about a fumble, but I doubt anyone was worried that a Husky could get hurt and they would lose the ability to run the time on the play clock. And no way, no how, does a team kneel down when they have zero chance to run the clock below 30 seconds in a 6 point game.

Slugman
Itís a Slugfest!

Slugman
Itís a Slugfest!
PostTue Jan 02, 2024 11:39 am 
olderthanIusedtobe wrote:
Expand the playoffÖ.
Maybe utilize google or similar to actually know something before posting? embarassedlaugh.gif

Slugman
Itís a Slugfest!

Slugman
Itís a Slugfest!
PostTue Jan 02, 2024 11:52 am 
The clock runs after a timeout? Literally you know nothing. Texas had two timeouts and used them. And the 40 second clock doesnít start until the previous play is over. Try watching the game.

Slugman
Itís a Slugfest!

Slugman
Itís a Slugfest!
PostTue Jan 02, 2024 12:07 pm 
I just rewatched the section of the game under discussion. I think the clock operator was trying to screw over the Huskies. Question 1: is it right that not one second came off the clock on the onside kick? Maybe, because the ball didnít go 10 yards, but Iím not sure. Then the first running play they ran just 3 seconds, stopping the clock before the runner was even down ( it seemed to me). The second running play was cut off almost as quickly, just 4 seconds off the clock. This may seem like nitpicking but Texas had a chance to win when the officials put 1 second back on the clock.

Slugman
Itís a Slugfest!

Slugman
Itís a Slugfest!
PostTue Jan 02, 2024 12:12 pm 
Your post was stupid. I made it crystal clear I was speaking about the last possession, three plays, Texas had two timeouts. Running the plays took extra time compared to a kneel down. That is true of all three plays. If you cannot grasp that then there is a problem at your end. Nice try though trying to use the past to justify your ignorant babbling. Oh, and the tone of your totally stupid post wasnít insulting? Hahaha, nice try.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostTue Jan 02, 2024 12:48 pm 
Slugman wrote:
olderthanIusedtobe wrote:
Expand the playoffÖ.
Maybe utilize google or similar to actually know something before posting? embarassedlaugh.gif
Thanks for the insult, but I know they are expanding next year (way too late) to 12. FCS has 24 teams. 12 is still a fairly small number for a playoff. However 43 bowls--86 teams, is way, way too many. A whole bunch of those teams are in no way deserving of participating in the post season.