Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Junk Mail...
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Sculpin

Sculpin
PostSat Dec 04, 2021 7:51 am 
Just as a point of reference, I was the last person on the planet to get a cell phone. It's been a couple years now, but I have never gotten a spam call on it. Maybe my phone number postdates all those big data breaches that dumped all of our information on the dark web.

Between every two pines is a doorway to the new world. - John Muir
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostSat Dec 04, 2021 11:16 am 
Schroder wrote:
I'm really surprised to hear the low level of junk you guys are getting. Our PO box is full in about 3 days from sales circulars. I get at least 5 spam calls a day on my cell phone - the latest are social security/medicare scams - and about the same or a bit more in spam text messages.
I've been getting spam texts occasionally too. My 71 year old mom got a call, she won $40,000 in a secret lottery the census does. All you have to do is send them a $500 processing fee and they'll cut you a check.

ArcDome

ArcDome
PostSat Dec 04, 2021 8:58 pm 
You may want to check out this link: https://faq.usps.com/s/article/Refuse-unwanted-mail-and-remove-name-from-mailing-lists We registered with DMAchoice and receive very little junk mail although it might not be as effective with the organizations that she had a relationship with.

Chief Joseph, Cyclopath
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Feb 09, 2022 12:33 pm 
Still fighting the ongoing battle with my Mom's junk mail, not sure I am making much progress, despite about 40 phone calls, a couple dozen e-mails and snail mailing requests to be removed from their mailing lists when they enclose a stamped return envelope. I just received an e-mail saying it could be 3-6 months before I stopped receiving mail from one organization! I think if I had it t do over I would have closed the box out and tried to get a new one later. I asked the Post master what would happen in that case and they said the new box renter would have to deal with it. Most of the junk mail is from organizations that my Mom donated to...brings to mind the saying, "No good deed goes unpunished". On the plus side, I do get socks, calendars, note pads, a few coins, even small checks, and the occasional "Dream Catcher"....I am dreaming of no more junk mail, but I fear that's but a pipe dream. ace.gif

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.