Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Statement on COVID from Seattle / King County public health
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSat Jul 02, 2022 6:58 am 
^ Yes. That was one of the scarier aspects of it: the feeling that I was losing my mental faculties. Really quite frightening.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."

Joey
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSat Jul 02, 2022 1:56 pm 
Not sure if I would be able to tell the difference. dizzy.gif

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.

zimmertr
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostSat Jul 02, 2022 3:29 pm 
24 counties in Oregon now seeing high spikes in Covid levels: https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/health/covid-levels-high-across-most-of-oregon-federal-guidelines-urge-masks-indoors/

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSat Jul 02, 2022 5:12 pm 
Went to a family reunion last week with ~50 in attendance, indoors, minimal masking. A day later got a email from one of my brothers whose family had flown in from the East coast that he tested positive. 5-6 days later no symptoms here (and haven't heard that anyone else came down with it) but I did get boosted a week before the reunion.

Joey
verrry senior member

Joey
verrry senior member
PostSat Jul 02, 2022 6:56 pm 
Tom wrote:
5-6 days later no symptoms here
My understanding is that a person can have COVID but not have apparent symptoms. If you have a home test kit it is likely good idea to do one.

Joey
verrry senior member

Joey
verrry senior member
PostMon Jul 04, 2022 5:40 am 
A rather technical article on BA.5 If it is not already the dominant version in the USA, it soon will be. https://erictopol.substack.com/p/the-ba5-story

Anne Elk
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostMon Jul 04, 2022 12:16 pm 
CDC recommends six Washington counties should wear masks again. Re Joey's post above - the article mentions people getting a 4th shot but I haven't heard of this recommended or offered anywhere in our area.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostMon Jul 04, 2022 1:59 pm 
I thought four shots were quite common. I have had that many. I went to the drug store and got the last two. Easy peasy with the usual side effects for me--a day of aches and crankiness. Mask wearing is increasing here in the valley of doubt. Word must be getting out amongst those of us who read.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities

Anne Elk
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostMon Jul 04, 2022 3:33 pm 
treeswarper wrote:
I thought four shots were quite common.
I looked on the UW Medicine covid page. They talk about initial doses, then boosters, third doses for immune compromised peeps, and second boosters. It's a little confusing. I went and looked at my vaccination record card -indeed I had 4 covid shots - 2/21, 3/21, 11/21 and 4/22. I've gotten so many shots in the last 2 years (flu, shingles, etc) I'd lost track. I'll wait until August or Sept and see what the recommendations are. Additional boosters might be of minimal effect given the mutations. Hopefully Moderna et al will come up with some multi-valent booster or something that's more permanent by the end of this year, if that's possible.

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostTue Jul 05, 2022 10:37 am 
Chief Joseph wrote:
When I began seeing commercials pushing vaccines that told me all that I needed to know.
Damn straight! Fire alarms too!!

zimmertr
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Jul 05, 2022 1:15 pm 
Cyclopath wrote:
Chief Joseph wrote:
When I began seeing commercials pushing vaccines that told me all that I needed to know.
I guess I am the only one that finds trying to hard sell the vaccines a bit suspicious, it is a big money maker after all.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Jul 05, 2022 1:55 pm 
When you see stores promoting shingles, etc. vaccines it's no doubt a source of profit for them, they don't promote it out of concern for you and me. That said the COVID vaccine(s) have pretty much already been paid for by the government, big pharma promoting it (or not) isn't going to make a lot of difference at this point. If there is money to be made it's in the next generation of vaccines. But if you really believe in conspiracies, talk is cheap, might as well go all in, mortgage everything to maximize leverage and bet it all on big pharma!

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostTue Jul 05, 2022 2:32 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
Cyclopath wrote:
Chief Joseph wrote:
I guess I am the only one that finds trying to hard sell the vaccines a bit suspicious, it is a big money maker after all.
Fire alarms too!! Those things aren't free! Big Fire probably sets houses on fire so people will buy alarms!!

Anne Elk
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Jul 05, 2022 3:54 pm 
Ha, no doubt all of the State Fire Marshalls and Fauci are up to their necks in that too!

Cyclopath  Anne Elk
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostTue Jul 05, 2022 4:06 pm 
Health and Human Services is the entity running ads for COVID vaccines. The current head is Xavier Becerra, a Biden appointee, previously the AG of California and before that a congressional representative from California from 1992 until 2018 As a member of congress Becerra voted for Obamacare and against the numerous bills to repeal it. Depending on which set of colored glasses you wear, he is either deep in the pocket of the medical/industrial complex or cares about people getting effective health care.

Sculpin, Anne Elk