Forum Index > Partners > Oakes Peak (Winter or Spring 2022)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
resilient

resilient
PostFri Jan 28, 2022 6:31 pm 
I am looking for one or more fellow adventurers who are willing to suffer for some amazing views on this peak - sometime this winter or spring. It would great to split the trail breaking effort and having a second set of eyes would help with route finding as well. Also, if you already have plans to head over there or if you know of groups who have trips planned - could you please share those dates in this thread or via PM. I'll be happy to go solo if I know that there is a boot track which could significantly save time and energy. I am flexible on when to go but would prefer a clear sunny day. I'll be leaving from Mill Creek and can give anyone a ride as well.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
neek

neek
PostFri Jan 28, 2022 6:44 pm 
It's a great winter option (shhh...) I don't mind repeats but would like to hit Acorn as well if I ended up back there. Let me know if you end up going Feb 19-27. Yes you want a pretty clear day for sure so it's hard to make solid plans in advance.

MangyMarmot

MangyMarmot
PostMon Jan 31, 2022 6:01 pm 
I've done Oakes also, but wouldn't mind repeating it if some other peak is thrown in as well (Acorn?, Salvation?, Damnation?). I didn't get to see the view. We were socked in on the summit.

babylero

babylero
PostTue Feb 01, 2022 2:42 pm 
I'm interested. I did Ruby this past weekend and didn't even need snowshoes. Got the itch.

resilient

resilient
PostMon Mar 07, 2022 10:50 pm 
Sorry, I didn't post earlier. I did a recon trip this past weekend and was able to drive to Oakes creek with no problems. There was no snow or ice on the road. The road is pretty rough though but can be navigated with high clearance and low speed. I only made it as far as 3900ft as I didn't want to come down when it would be dark. Consistent snow starts at 3200ft and above 3400ft you would need snowshoes. I am not the fastest hiker so if I go back I'll probably do this as a over night trip. Sounds like a couple of you want to combine this with other objectives - in which case I dont want to hold you back with my speed.