Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > RIP Ronnie Spector, lead singer of The Ronettes Jan 2022
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
gb

gb
PostSun Feb 27, 2022 3:59 pm 
She had such a beautiful and powerful voice even as she began her career in her late teens. She was also an awesome performer whose beautiful eyes and awesome, spontaneous smile could warm anyone to her performances and soul. Her performances of "Be My Baby" have a lot of magic as do her and the Ronettes few other clips that can be found on the U-tube. Ronnie Spector Jan 2022 You Baby

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
gb

gb
PostFri Mar 04, 2022 9:13 am 
Ronnie Spector's life story is a pretty amazing one as she overcame years of abuse as a very young woman at the hands of the P. Spector to rise again after years of his trying to restrain her career through lawsuits and his political pull. Her great resilience and beautiful and powerful voice could not be stopped. You can see her great personal strength even in the oldest videos of her. She had an amazing amount of spirit that shone through her music. Ronnie Spector & Joey Ramone: Bye Bye Baby A powerful song by Ronnie Spector and Joey Ramone: You can't put your arms around a memory

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostFri Mar 04, 2022 6:59 pm 
When I was a kid everyone wanted to be Ronnie Specktor’s boyfriend❤️.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
gb

gb
PostSun Mar 06, 2022 11:45 am 
I probably saw her back in the day but didn't really listen to music much until maybe 1963-64. But yeah. I saw her perform on one of those PBS trips down memory lane and thought her an incredible talent and performer; best on the show. Then PBS played a 1964 Murray The K about five years ago with good video. Wow, she was such a dynamic personality - actually all through her life except her horrible years of being imprisoned by that spector guy. I just purchased a CD of "She Talks to Rainbows" as that has an incredible set of music. I also found Ronnie Spector's cover of Amy Winehouse's Back to Black and it is a terrific cover, one that I doubt there are few singers who could do it as well; and in Amy's style. "Back to Black" Ronnie Spector She first did this before Amy's death, and not only thought Amy great, but saw Amy as a younger version of herself. Ronnie Spector was also a huge influence on Amy's career and I'd bet inspired Amy's beehive hairdo.

Eric Hansen

Eric Hansen
PostThu Apr 07, 2022 9:06 pm 
Be my baby. Anyone have a memory of her on Soul Train?

Off trail rambler