Forum Index > Gear Talk > Mountain Laurel Designs Customer Service Fail
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
RumiDude
Marmota olympus

RumiDude
Marmota olympus
PostWed Jun 29, 2022 5:11 pm 
I ordered a couple small items from Mountain Laurel Designs for upcoming two months of travel to Ireland and Scotland. They weren't vital items but it would be nice to have them. Total on the order was $37.00 with $8.00 shipping fee for a grand total of $45.00. This cost was immediately charged to my credit card. After getting a confirmation email I did not get any further communication from MLD. As the time grew shorter for my departure, I sent an email to MLD inquiring about the status of my order and explaining that if it did not ship very soon it would not arrive before I departed for Ireland. I got the immediate auto-reply with the info from MLD's FAQs. Orderds canceled before shipping are supposed to be free from restocking charges. So I sent another email to cancel the order and credit my credit card for the payment. I then received an email from Ron Bell telling me it has already shipped and I was sent an email with tracking info. The problem is that I had not received an email with tracking info which would indicate my order had shipped. FIVE HOURS LATER I received an email with tracking info. OK it's only $45.00 and I am not in desperate need of the items. But still I feel that Ron Bell, ironically self titled as Chief Happiness Officer, took advantage of me. I have read more than a few complaints online about Ron Bell/MLD customer service so I should have expected this. But again it irks me just the same. I have not read any complaints about MLD gear itself, just the poor customer service from the Chief Happiness Officer Ron Bell. This is just an FYI kinda post relating my experience. Take it as you will. Rumi

"This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all."
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message