Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Gas is $5.75 a gallon in Seattle!
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
Schroder

Schroder
PostMon Jun 06, 2022 11:39 am 
My timing was also good in getting rid of this - that burned 18 gallons of gas and half a gallon of oil per hour. That's $108 per hour at today's prices

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostMon Jun 06, 2022 2:56 pm 
Schroder wrote:
My timing was also good in getting rid of this - that burned 18 gallons of gas and half a gallon of oil per hour. That's $108 per hour at today's prices
I still have my vintage motorhome, but it was designed during the "double nickle" era , so has a tiny 4 liter diesel engine , doesn't really go faster than 55 on the freeway, but gets 12-14 mpg depending on which way the wind is blowing.

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostMon Jun 06, 2022 3:54 pm 
Slugman wrote:
Crippling? Ridiculous. My annual commute is $600 more if gas is $5 instead of $3. A person would have to make far less than minimum wage for $50 per month to cripple them.
It's great that a $600 more expenditure per year for your work commute isn't a hardship on you. Congratulations!

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert

Fletcher
Leafguy

Leafguy
PostMon Jun 06, 2022 8:44 pm 
Went to the local non ethanol place here on the eastside today. Asked the owner if things would settle down after summer is over. He said our buddy Jay in Olympia is already planning 2 separate $.50/gallon hikes before the end of the year. Damn I love those politicians and their ways they take care of us. Hope the guy at the gas station is wrong , but I guess he should know. eek.gif eek.gif eek.gif I paid $5.74 for 87 octane non ethanol fuel. It's usually about $.30/gallon more than the 10% ethanol here. Also heard they may allow 15% ethanol during the summer months.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Jun 07, 2022 12:00 am 
They are pushing their electric car agenda. Good thing I have that bike with a gas motor kit that gets 90 mph.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Pyrites

Pyrites
PostTue Jun 07, 2022 12:23 am 
Leafguy wrote:
Went to the local non ethanol place here on the eastside today. Asked the owner if things would settle down after summer is over. He said our buddy Jay in Olympia is already planning 2 separate $.50/gallon hikes before the end of the year. Damn I love those politicians and their ways they take care of us. Hope the guy at the gas station is wrong , but I guess he should know. eek.gif eek.gif eek.gif I paid $5.74 for 87 octane non ethanol fuel. It's usually about $.30/gallon more than the 10% ethanol here. Also heard they may allow 15% ethanol during the summer months.
That ‘owner’ lives in a fantasy land. ‘Jay’ is so powerful he’s raised the prices across most of the globe? Pretty good for Governor in a mid-population state that doesn’t produce oil, with a legislature that doesn’t sit until next winter. Want lower fuel prices? Consume less. We had a pretty effective test of that hypothesis during lockdown.

Keep Calm and Carry On? Heck No. Stay Excited and Get Outside!

fourteen410, Opus, Cyclopath, JimK
Leafguy

Leafguy
PostTue Jun 07, 2022 7:29 am 
Pyrites wrote:
That ‘owner’ lives in a fantasy land. ‘Jay’ is so powerful he’s raised the prices across most of the globe?
The $.50/gallon taxes probably wouldn't apply to most of the globe, just WA winksmile.gif

JimK

JimK
PostTue Jun 07, 2022 7:32 am 
Chief Joseph wrote:
They are pushing their electric car agenda. Good thing I have that bike with a gas motor kit that gets 90 mph.
Damn! That is one fast bicycle! smile.gif

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostTue Jun 07, 2022 7:48 am 
Leafguy wrote:
Pyrites wrote:
That ‘owner’ lives in a fantasy land. ‘Jay’ is so powerful he’s raised the prices across most of the globe?
The $.50/gallon taxes probably wouldn't apply to most of the globe, just WA winksmile.gif
I recall paying $9 per gallon in Spain back in 2014. Half of that was taxes. I suppose that is Inslee's fault as well? What's Culps plan to lower gas prices?

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostTue Jun 07, 2022 7:58 am 
Leafguy wrote:
Went to the local non ethanol place here on the eastside today.
Does your vehicle have "collector plates" ? If not buying ethanol free gas is pointless, even on a car 50 years old 10% works fine , most vehicles that old have had the carburetor rebuilt or replaced by now and gaskets made since the Nixon administration use rubber that tolerates ethanol just fine.

Schroder

Schroder
PostTue Jun 07, 2022 8:50 am 
Leafguy wrote:
Went to the local non ethanol place here on the eastside today. Asked the owner if things would settle down after summer is over. He said our buddy Jay in Olympia is already planning 2 separate $.50/gallon hikes before the end of the year. Damn I love those politicians and their ways they take care of us. Hope the guy at the gas station is wrong , but I guess he should know. eek.gif eek.gif eek.gif
Neither the governor nor the president control the gas prices and they can't raise gas taxes on their own

fourteen410, Pyrites, Cyclopath
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Jun 07, 2022 10:03 am 
JimK wrote:
Chief Joseph wrote:
Damn! That is one fast bicycle! smile.gif
That's when I drive it off a cliff, lol. Want cheaper gas and many other things? Move to Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, ND, etc...any state that's Red pretty much.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostTue Jun 07, 2022 10:04 am 
Leafguy wrote:
Lol the guy taking your money for overpriced gas is blaming someone else.

Schroder

Schroder
PostTue Jun 07, 2022 11:19 am 
Chief Joseph wrote:
Want cheaper gas and many other things? Move to Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, ND, etc...any state that's Red pretty much.
Tell that to the people in Arizona You'll find that oil prices still trend within The Petroleum Administration for Defense Districts (PADD), created during and after WWII to keep oil production sectors separate in case of massive attacks. Pipelines between districts in recent years have leveled out some of the differences but not all.

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostTue Jun 07, 2022 1:12 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
Want cheaper gas and many other things? Move to Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, ND, etc...any state that's Red pretty much.
I'm very willing to pay more for gas to live here. Gas could be free in ND and I still wouldn't want to live there. I've driven across ND several times -- no desire to live there.

trestle, Cyclopath