Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Gas is $5.75 a gallon in Seattle!
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Jun 07, 2022 1:13 pm 
Well Arizona, much like Colorado has turned blue or close to it. If CA keeps burning as it likely will, the blue plaque will spread.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman

zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman
PostTue Jun 07, 2022 1:24 pm 
Chief Joseph, you're above distilling these highly nuanced topics down into binary color coded differences. Unless you're just trolling. In which case I'd wager you're probably above that too.

Flickr | Strava

trestle, fourteen410
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostTue Jun 07, 2022 2:41 pm 
We just did a month mostly in the Southwest. Red or Blue made little difference for gas. Cal high Nev nearly as high. WA . UT, CO, and OR medium. NM cheapest, TX second. Used Gas Buddy whenever ther was noCostco. WA went up a lot when we came home. Differences may just be tax rates.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostTue Jun 07, 2022 3:42 pm 
Good thing peak oil was a hoax.

RichP

RichP
PostTue Jun 07, 2022 3:59 pm 
I read today in the local paper that $5.00 a gallon gas is soon to be in Idaho. I guess it's cheaper in Iraq or Venezuela. Compare states here: https://gasprices.aaa.com/?state=ID

Leafguy

Leafguy
PostTue Jun 07, 2022 7:53 pm 
Randito wrote:
Leafguy wrote:
Pyrites wrote:
That ‘owner’ lives in a fantasy land. ‘Jay’ is so powerful he’s raised the prices across most of the globe?
The $.50/gallon taxes probably wouldn't apply to most of the globe, just WA winksmile.gif
I recall paying $9 per gallon in Spain back in 2014. Half of that was taxes. I suppose that is Inslee's fault as well? What's Culps plan to lower gas prices?
I guess I'm the only one that doesn't want more taxes? Aren't there enough already? Who said anything about Culp? I just wonder why anyone would think we need more taxes on gas at this time.

Leafguy

Leafguy
PostTue Jun 07, 2022 7:57 pm 
Randito wrote:
Leafguy wrote:
Went to the local non ethanol place here on the eastside today.
Does your vehicle have "collector plates" ? If not buying ethanol free gas is pointless, even on a car 50 years old 10% works fine , most vehicles that old have had the carburetor rebuilt or replaced by now and gaskets made since the Nixon administration use rubber that tolerates ethanol just fine.
So your mechanic and my mechanic have different opinions. hockeygrin.gif

Leafguy

Leafguy
PostTue Jun 07, 2022 7:59 pm 
Schroder wrote:
Leafguy wrote:
Went to the local non ethanol place here on the eastside today. Asked the owner if things would settle down after summer is over. He said our buddy Jay in Olympia is already planning 2 separate $.50/gallon hikes before the end of the year. Damn I love those politicians and their ways they take care of us. Hope the guy at the gas station is wrong , but I guess he should know. eek.gif eek.gif eek.gif
Neither the governor nor the president control the gas prices and they can't raise gas taxes on their own
I hope you are right. hockeygrin.gif

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostWed Jun 08, 2022 11:02 pm 
Still under $5 in Seattle at two Safeways, one on Market and 15th, the other 83rd and 15th, Ballard/Greenwood. Only a nitwit would claim a dollar a gallon is going to be added in taxes this year. And how would some gas station owner have any inside knowledge? That is the dumbest garbage in history. Stop believing lying morons. And then posting their idiocy here.

Leafguy

Leafguy
PostThu Jun 09, 2022 12:12 am 
Slugman wrote:
Still under $5 in Seattle at two Safeways, one on Market and 15th, the other 83rd and 15th, Ballard/Greenwood. Only a nitwit would claim a dollar a gallon is going to be added in taxes this year. And how would some gas station owner have any inside knowledge? That is the dumbest garbage in history. Stop believing lying morons. And then posting their idiocy here.
Whoa horsey. Idle down the chainsaw Slug. lol.gif As I originally posted, I hope the owner of the station is wrong. I know some folks get quite sensitive when Jay's name comes up. Personally I don't trust any politicians. I don't want more gas taxes any more than you do. I just hope he doesn't play some environmental card to do it. And that's all folks winksmile.gif

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostThu Jun 09, 2022 6:26 am 
Slugman wrote:
Only a nitwit would claim a dollar a gallon is going to be added in taxes this year.
True, but GOP state legislators introduced a bill to institute a "tax holiday" of the current $0.494 per gallon state tax. (Senate Bill 5897) https://app.leg.wa.gov/billsummary?BillNumber=5897&Year=2021&Initiative=false It never advanced beyond an initial reading , but I suppose to some in the current political environment it must be Inslee's fault and not repealing a tax is the same as tripling it.

gb

gb
PostThu Jun 09, 2022 7:10 am 
Leafguy wrote:
Slugman wrote:
Whoa horsey. Idle down the chainsaw Slug. lol.gif As I originally posted, I hope the owner of the station is wrong. I know some folks get quite sensitive when Jay's name comes up. Personally I don't trust any politicians. I don't want more gas taxes any more than you do. I just hope he doesn't play some environmental card to do it. And that's all folks winksmile.gif
Kind of a dingbat analogy. Inslee had also discussed the possibility of a tax moratorium. The reason for the gas prices is demand, a shortage of supply because of transport issues, the elimination on the world market of 10% of world supply because of Putnik's idiotic war, and profit per gallon margins that are the highest ever. The price of crude has not risen all that much - $117 a day or so ago but the price of gas has gone up astronomically. Oil companies and refiners are raking the public. Get your head on straight and rail against them.

Carbonj
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu Jun 09, 2022 8:43 am 
a member of another forum who lives in Wales wrote:
Unleaded has just hit the £2 a litre mark ($9.48 a US gallon) here now. Diesel a little more.
So no... not the highest here. Reports from Southern California are well over $6.00 gallon for self-serve unleaded. One of the positive aspects of this are that higher fuel costs force older gas hogs off the roads. When's the last time you saw a 1974 Dodge Polara 4-door drive by? Fuel prices in this country have been artificially low for decades. Gas prices should have been higher long ago. Cheap gas is why there are so many ridiculously oversized trucks and SUVs on the road.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."

Carbonj, Sculpin
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostThu Jun 09, 2022 9:05 am 
gb wrote:
Oil companies and refiners are raking the public. Get your head on straight and rail against them.
This is capitalism at work. They're maximizing profits like all companies are supposed to. They know they have a valuable product and consumers are willing to pay for it. They're not charities. Rail against capitalism.

neek

neek
PostThu Jun 09, 2022 9:33 am 
Seems like this would just push us to electric faster. Gas is $10.78 in Norway and something like 80% of new car registrations there are electric. Of course there's a bit of a supply issue for batteries right now but hopefully that won't last forever.

Cyclopath