Forum Index > Trip Reports > Middle Tiffany Overnighter - June 30 - July 1 '22
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostSat Jul 02, 2022 2:48 pm 
I was inspired by the TRs and photos by NWH members, including a mention by RichP of nice campsites at the saddle between Rock and Middle Tiffany with water available. agree.gif up.gif Steve and I made the fairly easy trek with loaded backpacks on a trail that hasn't been logged out yet this year, passing Tiffany Lake and up to Honeymoon Pass where we found the tracks of a large wolf, a game camera, bits of old trail and old camps. From the pass we turned left and made the short climb to the saddle, initially keeping to the right (east) side to avoid swamp. We set up camp and headed up Middle Tiffany under off and on sun and threatening clouds, but the showers stayed to the north over Chopaka. Back at camp, Steve decided to head up Rock (Of course he did!) while I relaxed and enjoyed my 19 Crimes Red from Grocery Outlet. tongue.gif It froze up overnight, but the sun quickly warmed and stirred up only a few mosquitoes. It's pretty obvious with the amount of wet ground that bugs could be a big issue soon enough. Great area to visit. smile.gif

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)

Now I Fly, ChrisSJI, LukeHelgeson, Leafguy, Nancy, RichP, Bramble_Scramble
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
HitTheTrail

HitTheTrail
PostSun Jul 03, 2022 8:39 am 
whoa, sorry I had to bail on this trip. Besides the unique area it is my kind of hike, short and flat enough that I don't have to worry too much about pack weight and can even take some liquid refreshment along. Did you guys get a line wet?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message