Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > virus on the rise worldwide
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostMon Jul 04, 2022 8:16 am 
avian flue,monkeypox,covid19..... Not Just for the Birds: Avian Influenza Is Also Felling Wild Mammals As a new version of bird flu spread through North America this spring, scientists began finding the virus in red foxes, bobcats and other mammals. At least seven U.S. states have detected the virus in red fox kits, to which the pathogen appeared to be particularly lethal. Two bobcats in Wisconsin, a coyote pup in Michigan and skunks in Canada have also tested positive for the virus, as have foxes, otters, a lynx, a polecat and a badger in Europe as of july 1 460 cases in 30 states have been reported with monkeypox.. and the covid19 virus is again on the rise in many states.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostMon Jul 04, 2022 9:44 am 
Disease is fake, it's a conspirathy.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostMon Jul 04, 2022 9:58 am 
My cat ate a bird, nearly did him in, he is pretty much back to normal now 2 weeks later.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
contour5

contour5
PostMon Jul 04, 2022 9:55 pm 
Melting glaciers worldwide are spewing out unspecified quantities of long dormant viruses and other pathogens. Last year, scientists announced the discovery of 33 viruses in ice and snow samples collected from glaciers. Now another study found almost 1,000 species of bacteria in similar samples. Most of those microorganisms, which survived because they had remained frozen, are unlike any microorganisms that have been cataloged to date.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostTue Jul 05, 2022 9:45 am 
^ lovely. always enjoy reading news that there's even more as-yet-undiscovered stuff out there that wants to kill me. up.gif

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Jul 05, 2022 1:16 pm 
Yet another reason for me to avoid glaciers. I hope y'all glacier goers are vaxxed and wearing your mask and gloves...don't forget the hand sanitizer and TP as well.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostTue Jul 05, 2022 4:22 pm 
currently the avian flu h5n1 has infected and killed seals, pelicans, geese, chickens, turkeys, and now reports of concern indicate that family pets may also be infected, dogs and cats.....wella wella now come to think of it wasnt the main reason for the movie "planet of the apes" was because a virus had killed all the dogs and cats and the humans had turned to adopting monkeys (apes of one kind or other)...prophetic??????

cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostWed Jul 06, 2022 7:48 pm 
the monkeypox status june 22 142 first infected june 29 341 number infected 27 number of states infected and dc july 1 460 number infected 30 number of states infected and dc july 5 560 number infected 34 number of states infected and dc puerto rico july 6 605 number infected 36 number of states infected and dc puerto rico

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostWed Jul 06, 2022 8:24 pm 
Monkeypox has been around for a while -- the data on it indicates that is unlikely to develop into a wide spread issue.
Quote:
Data collected in the Democratic Republic of the Congo during 1980–1984 5,8 show that R for the Congo basin clade of monkeypox at that time was 0.32 (uncertainty bounds 0.22–0.40) .9
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7463189/#:~:text=country%20beyond%201980.-,Data%20collected%20in%20the%20Democratic%20Republic%20of%20the%20Congo%20during,uncertainty%20bounds%200.22%E2%80%930.40). The R factor for COVID is many times higher than Monkey Pox
Quote:
compared 12 studies published from January 1 to February 7, 2020, have estimated R0 ranging from 1.5 to 6.68. They found a final mean and median value of 3.28 and 2.79, respectively, with an interquartile range of 1.16.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7751056/#:~:text=R0%20of%20COVID%2D19,-R0%20of&text=compared%2012%20studies%20published%20from,an%20interquartile%20range%20of%201.16. Measles is far more infectious than either MonkeyPox or COVID
Quote:
For measles, R0 is often cited to be 12–18, which means that each person with measles would, on average, infect 12–18 other people in a totally susceptible population.
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/318751687_The_basic_reproduction_number_R0_of_measles_A_systematic_review

Riverside Laker

Riverside Laker
PostWed Jul 06, 2022 8:53 pm 
I've heard that measles can be infectious a room away. Now that I've written that, it's fact on the internet! Remember, it all started on NWhikers.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostWed Jul 06, 2022 10:03 pm 
I heard you can get Monkeypox over the internet also.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
jinx'sboy

jinx'sboy
PostWed Jul 06, 2022 11:00 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
Yet another reason for me to avoid glaciers….
I avoid glaciers - and especially those with previous monkey visitation - at all costs! One just can not be too careful!

Kascadia

Kascadia
PostWed Jul 06, 2022 11:41 pm 
Randito wrote:
Monkeypox has been around for a while -- the data on it indicates that is unlikely to develop into a wide spread issue.
Quote:
Data collected in the Democratic Republic of the Congo during 1980–1984 5,8 show that R for the Congo basin clade of monkeypox at that time was 0.32 (uncertainty bounds 0.22–0.40) .9
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7463189/#:~:text=country%20beyond%201980.-,Data%20collected%20in%20the%20Democratic%20Republic%20of%20the%20Congo%20during,uncertainty%20bounds%200.22%E2%80%930.40).
That ^^^ calculation is in the context of a high rate of smallpox vaccination coverage and previous circulation of the smallpox virus (both of which generate efficient cross reactive immune protection against the orthopox viruses that infect humans >> e.g., cowpox/smallpox). Smallpox vaccination ended in the US in the early 70's and worldwide in the 80's. The cited paper comes to a different conclusion than "unlikely to develop into a widespread issue":

It is as though I had read a divine text, written into the world itself, not with letters but rather with essential objects, saying: Man, stretch thy reason hither, so thou mayest comprehend these things. Johannes Kepler
Kascadia

Kascadia
PostThu Jul 07, 2022 6:50 pm 
https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/monkeypox

It is as though I had read a divine text, written into the world itself, not with letters but rather with essential objects, saying: Man, stretch thy reason hither, so thou mayest comprehend these things. Johannes Kepler