Forum Index > Trail Talk > Heather Lake trail
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
HikingBex

HikingBex
PostWed Jul 06, 2022 4:25 pm 
Sounds like pretty extensive work - I wonder if they'll close the trails while it's being done? If so, we could have a time when Snow Lake, Lake Twentytwo, and Heather Lake trails are all closed at the same time eek.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Jul 08, 2022 2:52 pm 
The 4020 road to Boardman, Ashland, and Pinnacle lakes is even worse than Pilchuck. It's a shame they don't fix the Boardman road since it's a good, short hike for those with children and has a nice gravel swimming area.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.

Bramble_Scramble
CS

CS
PostFri Jul 08, 2022 3:46 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
The 4020 road to Boardman, Ashland, and Pinnacle lakes is even worse than Pilchuck. It's a shame they don't fix the Boardman road since it's a good, short hike for those with children and has a nice gravel swimming area.
Jeezz, and on Pilchuck there's no way to not smash or bottom out your vehicle, actual OHV and Green Dot roads are gentler.

fourteen410

fourteen410
PostFri Jul 08, 2022 6:55 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
The 4020 road to Boardman, Ashland, and Pinnacle lakes is even worse than Pilchuck.
Road 4109 to the Silver Star TH says: hold my beer wink.gif

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Jul 08, 2022 7:12 pm 
Over on the east side of Priest lake, I accidentally took the road to Mt Roothan-chimney rock instead of Hint lake. It was brutal, going over tank traps with large rocks in my 2wd Ranger with no place to turn around. It was a wild ride in 1st gear and definitely pushed the limit of my and the trucks ability. Thankfully after about a half mile there was a place to turn around. Those east side roads are literally like a maze.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Bramble_Scramble

Bramble_Scramble
PostFri Jul 08, 2022 9:06 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
Really disappointing that they don't grade those roads. Back in maybe 2010-11 I drove my sedan up there no problem.

Bramble_Scramble

Bramble_Scramble
PostSat Jul 09, 2022 12:46 am 
mosey wrote:
I drove a sedan up to bear lake trailhead in 2017 with a bit of rock placement on the washout. Scraped my rear bumper on the way in on that but I don't remember it being unnavigable and potholed otherwise.
I don't think I've driven that road in 7 or 8 years. I drove the Walt Bailey road in 2019 and it was also in a lot worse shape than I remember. Also had(s) a large old growth fallen over the road that tall vehicles had to squeeze under. I was told by another hiker that it had been there at least a couple years.
Glad I have a small car!
Glad I have a small car!
(Sorry for the thread drift)