I've had these boots about 2 years and only a handful of trips (~75 miles). Unfortunately, after a recent trip, I ended up with a hole in the outer layer from one of the eyelets rubbing (not through the GTX layer as far as I know - my feet stayed dry). I read about this issue before buying, but took a chance. I love the boots otherwise!
Any suggestions for repairing this hole and preventing holes in the other locations? Maybe seamgripping a small sacrificial piece of 1000 denier cordura in those areas?
Shoe Goo or Gorilla Glue.
Here is a comparison article.
I'm sure much more can be found online.
I've used one or the other (can't remember now) to repair broken seam stitching in boots, holes in runners, and various other problems.
Could also try gluing a patch, as you suggest.
I've repaired uppers with Shoe Goo with good results. Wash/dry the bad spot first, of course. Then cut a small circle of cardboard to put on the inside of the hole, held in place with wadded paper or something. Then patch the hole from the top with Goo, spreading it out about a half inch beyond the hole's edges. When dry, remove the cardboard--it was just there to keep the inside of the patch flat.
I've never added a fabric patch, but I don't see why it woudn't work fine.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate NWHikers.net earns from qualifying purchases when you use our link(s).