Forum Index > Trip Reports > Rocky Peak 7/23/2022
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Stefan

Stefan
PostMon Jul 25, 2022 9:56 am 
I came close, and did not follow this exact route: https://peakbagger.com/climber/ascent.aspx?aid=1173828 Park at a pullout on the south side of the road past the 13 mile marker on the road Hike up the stream about 50 feet in elevation take a game path to the right to get out of the stream bed follow basically to the climbers right of the streambed to around 4800 to big scree fan...going mostly up and to climbers right. Following game paths. brush was really good. Mostly small plants at shin heighth. take the big scree fan to a large scree area to 5500 feet and traverse climbers right...eventually you will be going up NEVER GO left you will come to walls. eventually I found my way up a gully that had a large stone that was slightly overhanging--I went to the right and it was a minor class 4 step to get around it by vegetable belaying myself. Mostly 3 to get here. After that I went through some more class 3 and "hole" in some rocks and then more class 3 to get to the end of class 3 climbing and cairns Easier after that to the summit. no pictures. Just never got around to it. 5.5 hours round trip.

Art is an adventure.

kite, meck, Justus S., awilsondc
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message