Forum Index > The Trading Post > MAP COLLECTION
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Ski
><((((>

Ski
><((((>
PostWed Aug 17, 2022 8:27 am 
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! This lovely map collection has found a new home with nwhikers.net member Waterman! party.gif party.gif party.gif party.gif party.gif party.gif party.gif party.gif party.gif party.gif party.gif Do we have any map collectors here? Only serious map collectors need apply. I covered 7 western states working in sales. Back when one had to buy "road maps" of the local area to figure out where things were. There's a large box full of those. The box also includes a number of other types of fold-up maps: USFS Forest Service maps, NPS maps, some others. Very cool map in there somewhere of the Willapa Hills area that a nice lady from the Weyerhauser Company dug out for me. Extremely cool. Then there's some other flat maps. Green Trails from about I-90 down to the Columbia River. All of them. Then there's a stack of 7.5 USGS topographical maps. The 7.5 topos include the entire Queets Valley from Mt. Olympus down to about Hartzell Creek. (I was going to wallpaper an entire wall with them but I moved out of that house.) Quite a few others. Lots of 7.5 topos for South Cascades. Very few 15 minute series, but I believe there are a couple. Probably one of the more interesting examples is the 1:100,000 topo of the Bonneville Salt Flats (which shows the Silver Island Mountain Range over on the west side.) - there are hardly any contour lines! Very weird. This offer is good only to nwhikers.net members in good standing who are very serious about maps. I have to pack today for a trip. I'll be gone about a week out to the coast. Then I come back for a couple days, then I leave for Alaska for a week. Then I'll be back (right after Labor Day.) Did I mention that the FLAT maps are all FLAT? (Some of the 7.5 topos MAY have been rolled or folded at some point, but they have all been stored FLAT for decades. Send me a P/M and tell me that you NEED these maps and you absolutely MUST have them and that you are MORE than willing to drive to Pt. Defiance to pick them up here. (There is NO WAY that I'm going to ship these.) I am cleaning out the house. These need a new home. Perhaps yours. Let me know. Thank you. BK oh.. yeah... one more thing: NO, I don't want MONEY. I just want you to pick them up and take them home and TREASURE them. (You know... because they're so valuable) lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif How in God's name do we manage to accumulate so much sh## in one lifetime?

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."

runup, RichP
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((>

Ski
><((((>
PostWed Aug 17, 2022 9:16 pm 
claimed by nwhikers.net member Waterman thank you very much! up.gif BK

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message