PostSat Sep 10, 2022 9:21 am 
Great view of the one in Goat Rocks yesterday on the sentinel-hub website

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
marta
wildflower maven

marta
wildflower maven
PostSat Sep 10, 2022 9:23 am 
Not looking good. There are reports of ash falling Monroe, Lake Stevens and Everett now. It is around Beckler River area This is what Sultan looks like https://twitter.com/BenjaminJurkovi/status/1568628479817818112 "SR 2 Road Closure - Stevens Pass will be closed from Index Galena to Beckler until further notice due to Wildfires. Troopers are assisting Snohomish County and King County Sheriff Deputies with evacuations of the area. Please seek alternative routes @wsdot_north @wspd6pio"

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSat Sep 10, 2022 9:29 am 
I'll post this here again. It's an update on Packwood. https://www.chronline.com/stories/evacuation-notices-issued-after-goat-rocks-fire-near-packwood-grows-rapidly-on-friday,299552 I have always thought of High Valley as doomed. It floods and is threatened by an old river channel, and now the fire. However, the local fire departments are great. They know the country and where to get equipment and operators--in fact some of the members have large equipment. A friend phoned me and said they have dozer lines punched in around the developments and Packwood.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Joey
verrry senior member

Joey
verrry senior member
PostSat Sep 10, 2022 9:46 am 
Fire near US 2 in the Beckler River area apparently started after the MODIS/VIIRS satellite passes early this morning. There should be MODIS/VIIRS data in early to mid afternoon. No heat detections yet on the GOES 18 satellite. Edit: "Bolt Creek" fire

marta
Waterman

Waterman
PostSat Sep 10, 2022 9:50 am 
Crazy in goldbar right now. Lots of fire police etc headed up. Baring being evacuated

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,I took the one less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostSat Sep 10, 2022 9:56 am 
marta wrote:
Not looking good. There are reports of ash falling Monroe, Lake Stevens and Everett now. It is around Beckler River area This is what Sultan looks like https://twitter.com/BenjaminJurkovi/status/1568628479817818112 "SR 2 Road Closure - Stevens Pass will be closed from Index Galena to Beckler until further notice due to Wildfires. Troopers are assisting Snohomish County and King County Sheriff Deputies with evacuations of the area. Please seek alternative routes @wsdot_north @wspd6pio"
For people who don't click.
Sultan
Sultan

marta
Joey
verrry senior member

Joey
verrry senior member
PostSat Sep 10, 2022 10:01 am 
Fires are generally named for some feature near the point of origin. Red marker on this map is where Bolt Creek flows into the Beckler River.
View larger size in new window

thunderhead

thunderhead
PostSat Sep 10, 2022 10:31 am 
Yikes. That one looks pretty bad on satellite. Looks like it started near the beckler river camphround. Grotto may have been destroyed. Hard to tell from the satellite so far if the fire is over that little town or merely nearby.

Now I Fly

Now I Fly
PostSat Sep 10, 2022 10:37 am 
Joey
ale_capone

ale_capone
PostSat Sep 10, 2022 10:44 am 
I could be mistaken, but I think timberghost lives right there. M just east of goldbar. Lots of ash and various burnt debris. Even half burnt pine needles. Its pretty dark out, but I don't smell any smoke.

thunderhead

thunderhead
PostSat Sep 10, 2022 10:50 am 
Its moving towards baring. May be crossing US2 between(or over) grotto and baring. Moving west.

gb

gb
PostSat Sep 10, 2022 11:30 am 
thunderhead wrote:
Yikes. That one looks pretty bad on satellite. Looks like it started near the beckler river camphround. Grotto may have been destroyed. Hard to tell from the satellite so far if the fire is over that little town or merely nearby.
Another knucklehead fire. Some fool thought he was just like John Wayne and had a stupid fire on one of the warmest days of the year! I hope they catch the ahole and sue his pants off.

fourteen410, Chief Joseph
thunderhead

thunderhead
PostSat Sep 10, 2022 11:45 am 
Last satellite image makes it look like its roaring north up that ridge. At least that direction is away from baring.

thunderhead

thunderhead
PostSat Sep 10, 2022 11:47 am 
https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/?parms=local-Seattle-natcolorfire-24-0-100-1&checked=map&colorbar=undefined I find this product is most useful for tracking large fires in real-time

thunderhead

thunderhead
PostSat Sep 10, 2022 11:56 am 
Decent number of tankers on the flight tracker. They got into action fairly quick. Feeling a bit better about baring but not out of the woods yet. Fingers crossed.

tomahawksplitter