Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Window 7 question.
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostTue Sep 20, 2022 2:18 pm 
I view my photos using Windows Photo Viewer. When I open the photo I often expand it to Full Screen on my desktop to better see all the detail. Usually if I leave it like that the photos will start showing as a slide show of all the photos in that folder. Often I will Right Click and select Pause to stop that movement to continue examining the photo. Then I can toggle back or forth to other photos at my speed using the Arrow keys. I've been doing this forever. Works great. Then suddenly today when I have a photo open and I hit F11, the photo that is enlarged to Full Screen is not the same photo but another one from the folder. Crazy. I feel like maybe I inadvertantly clicked some other key to make it perform this way. I have tried looking this up and looking through various options on the control panel. Note: I will be getting a Windows 11 machine at some point. But I still will have this machine for working on photos so it's a problem I would like to solve. I hope someone knows what I did to cause this so I can fix it and go back to editing my photos. Thanks, ~z

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostTue Sep 20, 2022 2:46 pm 
If that happens every time, or if you are able to make it happen again, record a video. Computer tech is extremely complicated, and one small detail can make a lot of difference. It isn't clear to me from your description what's going on. One possibility, though. If you don't have files selected in Windows Explorer when you launch the photo viewer, it will cycle through all images in the current folder. If you select a few images, it will only cycle though those. Could that be what you're seeing?

neek

neek
PostTue Sep 20, 2022 2:49 pm 
Cyclopath
zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostTue Sep 20, 2022 3:41 pm 
Cyclopath wrote:
Computer tech is extremely complicated, and one small detail can make a lot of difference. It isn't clear to me from your description what's going on.
I agree. Sorry. I did try my best to explain the problem.
Cyclopath wrote:
If you don't have files selected in Windows Explorer when you launch the photo viewer, it will cycle through all images in the current folder.
Actually I only had the one image selected. And as far as I know once the slide show began to play--all photos were played. Thanks for your suggestion. However, I did find a result from neek's comment. Whoa. The commenter in SevenForums had the exact same issue and it seems to be the issue I had. He said this: I finally solved the problem : I clicked by mistake on "random play" during the slideshow, that's why the photo displayed in fullscreen was different from the one I opened... In my case it was when I right clicked on the Full Screen image there was a category called "shuffle". It was clicked so I unclicked it. Voilá That seems to do the trick. Now just the image I am viewing is enlarged to Full Screen. Thank you! all. ~z