Forum Index > Trail Talk > Very bad AQ in Eastern Washington this weekend - don't go there
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
gb

gb
PostFri Sep 02, 2022 6:44 am 
You can see this on the Canada Smoke Forecast as you get to 9/3. The smoke comes up from the Six Rivers and Oregon Fires and then joins the smoke from Eastern Washington and Cascade Fires, and the larger fires near the Blue Mountains. https://firesmoke.ca/forecasts/current/ HRRR Smoke shows the origin and trajectory well. https://rapidrefresh.noaa.gov/hrrr/HRRRsmoke/

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostFri Sep 02, 2022 7:31 am 
I guess the Methow was bad yesterday. Here, yah, we had smoke but compared to what we've had in the past, it wasn't bad. Looks the same this morning.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human末animals and aliens are great possibilities
gb

gb
PostFri Sep 02, 2022 8:23 am 
treeswarper wrote:
I guess the Methow was bad yesterday. Here, yah, we had smoke but compared to what we've had in the past, it wasn't bad. Looks the same this morning.
Yeah but I am looking the the forecasts above. When it gets bad is later Saturday.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Sep 02, 2022 12:32 pm 
I am there (just across the border) and don't really want to be, been in the 90's nearly every day and there is a new fire near the Wigwams on the east side of Priest Lake, pretty smokey. Spending nearly as much time inside here as I typically do in winter. In the future I am going to try to avoid this place from June-Sept...bugs aren't bad at all now but are brutal in June-July and it's just too hot for me. I do like being here in winter since my place in Verlot gets very little sun due to Pilchuck to the south, and then there is the rain. I would rather have some sun and 6-7' of snow.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostFri Sep 02, 2022 12:42 pm 
The forecast for here says haze for most of the day tomorrow but clearing out in the afternoon.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human末animals and aliens are great possibilities
dixon

dixon
PostFri Sep 02, 2022 12:47 pm 
Cliff mass just posted a blog and podcast about this https://cliffmass.blogspot.com/2022/09/a-massive-smoke-plume-pushes-into.html?m=1

Joseph
Lazyhiker

Lazyhiker
PostSat Sep 03, 2022 5:42 am 
Moderate air quality (93) in Wenatchee this morning

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSat Sep 03, 2022 6:08 am 
Up Nort, in Omak, it looks like it did yesterday and the air quality is ranked moderate and at 58. I've got doors and windows open--no smoke smell. Birds are singing, grass is growing, coffee is getting consumed--I think we'll survive.

Joseph
gb

gb
PostSat Sep 03, 2022 6:54 am 
treeswarper wrote:
Up Nort, in Omak, it looks like it did yesterday and the air quality is ranked moderate and at 58. I've got doors and windows open--no smoke smell. Birds are singing, grass is growing, coffee is getting consumed--I think we'll survive.
I'm sure you will survive, but unless I am mistaken last night was Friday night, with the smoke still being shown to increase later this afternoon and night, and again later on Sunday. It looks like Spokane is not so hot today with the Canadian smoke model showing the problems to be north of Highway 2. The Canadian Rockies and interior look like they will be terrible for a day or two. You can see all of this in the model. The west slopes of the Cascades look to clear out progressively. In Seattle right now we are getting refreshing drizzle.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSat Sep 03, 2022 9:14 am 
Spokane and Pullman both were in the orange this morning. I noticed while on a walk, that it looked smokier to the south and west of here. We have a few non smoke clouds today. Yes, we could get worse. But it isn't here yet. We could also get more fires--small ones keep popping up every day. I hope never to see a repeat of two years ago.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSat Sep 03, 2022 12:18 pm 
It's overcast and cooler today, which is good. Here are some pictures taken around 11 AM looking east.
Looking east over Okanogan from Salmon Cr.
Closer to Omak, looking NE.

Schroder

Schroder
PostSun Sep 04, 2022 1:42 pm 
It'll be coming into Western Washington this week. Time to crank up the air purifier.

cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostSun Sep 04, 2022 1:51 pm 
moderate air quality at 68 temp 83 wind 2 one window open and I can smell smoke. there is also a deep haze in the deer lodge valley.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSun Sep 04, 2022 5:39 pm 
The map shows good for us and moderate in Okanogan. However, I was awakened by Skunk Smell this morning. It was strong and I'd say the air quality in my neighborhood was at the Obnoxious Level. It was the first night in some time that I didn't run the AC. Had to get up at 4AM yank the fan out of the window and close the windows. Durn skunks.

cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostSun Sep 04, 2022 7:27 pm 
treeswarper:::I had to do the same last week, except my o2 concentrator picked up the smell all nite..