Forum Index > Trip Reports > Peak 5625, Mtn Loop 10/1
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Justus S.

Justus S.
PostSat Oct 01, 2022 9:28 pm 
Peak 5625 off the Meadow Mtn Trail (Owlcry) Drove up the Mtn Loop for a hike up the White Chuck River valley. Road was in good shape to the new Meadow Mtn /Crystal Lake Trhd. This peak can probably be climbed from either approach side (Crystal or Meadow). I chose to go via the Meadow Mtn side in order to catch some morning views. It was a 1:45 hike on the old roadbed/trail to the old Meadow Mtn Trhd start. It was then up nice trail until I hit the open blueberry slopes around 5k. The blueberry bushes are now an array of color. I left the trail and made my way easily to the top. The summit is mostly open, but some trees block views in a few directions. It was a very nice day but hazy. Haze is probably from the fires, but I couldn't smell anything. Hopefully, it will rain soon and clean everything up. I had made it up a bit faster than expected, and after a break I dropped down to Meadow Lake and followed the trail out from there. Look forward to exploring up the Meadow Mtn trail further to check out Meadow and Fire. It's always nice hiking close to Glacier Peak. Notes: Trip time 7.5hrs. Blueberries plentiful. Maybe a bike for the old road portion.
Pugh
Pugh
Crystal Lk, Fire Smoke up Suiattle near Green
Crystal Lk, Fire Smoke up Suiattle near Green
White Chuck
White Chuck
Green Mtn LO
Green Mtn LO
Glacier, Meadow
Glacier, Meadow
Meadow
Meadow