Forum Index > Trail Talk > Bear attack in Leavenworth
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Author Message
Randito
Snarky Member



Joined: 27 Jul 2008
Posts: 8916 | TRs | Pics
Location: Bellevue at the moment.
Randito
Snarky Member
PostWed Oct 26, 2022 12:31 pm 
Cyclopath wrote:
Randito wrote:
The logical fallacy being that a bear's life has more value than a cow's. Even though the bear might injure or kill a human child in the child's neighborhood.
Nice whataboutism. It may be your opinion that a cow and bear are equal in value. Don't go confusing your opinions for facts. You do that a lot.
Neither should you confuse your opinion that a bears life is worth more than a cow's with facts. That is just your opinion as well. If you have some facts that would demonstrate otherwise, perhaps you could post them, so far you're just spouting your opinion.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Schroder
Member
Member


Joined: 26 Oct 2007
Posts: 6334 | TRs | Pics
Location: on the beach
Schroder
Member
PostWed Oct 26, 2022 12:45 pm 
Look at 4:41

Bruce Albert, rubywrangler, Ski  Randito
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Cyclopath
Faster than light



Joined: 20 Mar 2012
Posts: 6122 | TRs | Pics
Location: Seattle
Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostWed Oct 26, 2022 12:54 pm 
Randito wrote:
Neither should you confuse your opinion that a bears life is worth more than a cow's with facts.
Don't put words in my mouth. That's not my opinion, and you're a fool for thinking and saying otherwise. Be better.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((ー>



Joined: 27 May 2005
Posts: 12254 | TRs | Pics
Location: tacoma
Ski
><((((ー>
PostWed Oct 26, 2022 1:46 pm 
the world would be a much better place if we killed all the cows. they're nothin' but trouble.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Randito
Snarky Member



Joined: 27 Jul 2008
Posts: 8916 | TRs | Pics
Location: Bellevue at the moment.
Randito
Snarky Member
PostWed Oct 26, 2022 2:13 pm 
Cyclopath wrote:
Randito wrote:
Neither should you confuse your opinion that a bears life is worth more than a cow's with facts.
Don't put words in my mouth. That's not my opinion, and you're a fool for thinking and saying otherwise. Be better.
So what's your opinion? It seems your point is just dispute my posts without offering any coherent alternative point of view.

joker
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!



Joined: 25 Dec 2006
Posts: 10872 | TRs | Pics
Location: Don't move here
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostWed Oct 26, 2022 4:20 pm 
Ski wrote:
the world would be a much better place if we killed all the cows. they're nothin' but trouble.
Yup and once a cow gets out of a fence, the cow is going to be an escape artist for the rest of its life but usually escape artist cows don't get to live very long. It takes 5 strands of barb wire and one needs to be electrified to keep a wily cow in. I seem to be on a roll with electric fence references, but they do work well when they work.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human末animals and aliens are great possibilities
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
RumiDude
Marmota olympus



Joined: 26 Jul 2009
Posts: 3284 | TRs | Pics
Location: Port Angeles
RumiDude
Marmota olympus
PostWed Oct 26, 2022 6:15 pm 
Well this thread went to hell fast.
From the lyrics: Some folks drive the bears out of the wilderness Some to see a bear would pay a fee Me I just bear up my bewildered best And some folks even see the bear in me Rumi <~~~~~~unbearable

"This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all."
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((ー>



Joined: 27 May 2005
Posts: 12254 | TRs | Pics
Location: tacoma
Ski
><((((ー>
PostWed Oct 26, 2022 6:20 pm 

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Get Out and Go
Member
Member


Joined: 13 Nov 2004
Posts: 2068 | TRs | Pics
Location: Leavenworth
Get Out and Go
Member
PostWed Oct 26, 2022 6:44 pm 
Well, if we're already off the rails on this thread, may as well throw this one in. Listen for the entire story... winksmile.gif

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)

RumiDude
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((ー>



Joined: 27 May 2005
Posts: 12254 | TRs | Pics
Location: tacoma
Ski
><((((ー>
PostWed Oct 26, 2022 7:33 pm 
this thread went off the rails about four pages back.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."

Bruce Albert, joker
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
BigBrunyon
Member
Member


Joined: 19 Mar 2015
Posts: 1256 | TRs | Pics
Location: the fitness gyms!!
BigBrunyon
Member
PostWed Oct 26, 2022 11:31 pm 
If it was ME livin on the edge of the BEAR areas, it would be INTIMIDATED of me! It would cower in fear! I would maintain such heavy presence that even HEAVY BEAR PRESENCE would cower in fear!!!!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!



Joined: 25 Dec 2006
Posts: 10872 | TRs | Pics
Location: Don't move here
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostThu Oct 27, 2022 6:20 am 
Let these guys roam the streets. Maybe dress them up in doggie lederhosen?

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human末animals and aliens are great possibilities

Ski
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
joker
seeker



Joined: 12 Aug 2006
Posts: 7919 | TRs | Pics
Location: state of confusion
joker
seeker
PostThu Oct 27, 2022 9:42 am 
Ski wrote:
this thread went off the rails about four pages back.
I'm shocked this happend, SHOCKED I tell you!! ;-) At least that's my *opinion* about my state of mind - I could be deluding myself so it may not be a fact. smile.gif I'm gathering that it's critical to flag this distinction hereabouts lest someone be confused that we're all doing something other than sharing opinions I'm surprised we have not yet seen a recounting of how many people have died in cow encounters versus bear encounters in recent years...

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((ー>



Joined: 27 May 2005
Posts: 12254 | TRs | Pics
Location: tacoma
Ski
><((((ー>
PostThu Oct 27, 2022 9:51 am 
As per Defenders of Wildlife, cows were responsible for 22 deaths in the U.S. last year. This, however, pales in comparison with the number of people who meet their tragic ends at the hands of seemingly benign household appliances: 700 people worldwide are killed every year by toasters. The United States alone has 300 toaster-related deaths. Most of the deaths are the result of electrical shock from sticking a knife into the slots to remove jammed toast. That is 175 times more deaths from toasters than from shark attacks. https://www.sharksider.com/know-dangerous-shark Death by TOASTER!

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."

joker  Snowdog
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!



Joined: 25 Dec 2006
Posts: 10872 | TRs | Pics
Location: Don't move here
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostThu Oct 27, 2022 10:01 am 
Cue in Cows With Guns... There's some study somewhere in the world of studies, probably stored in a study, that says cows are responsible for more people deaths than any other critter. Some of the cows I encounter in the woods have a hateful stare, unlike gentle milk cows. Even the Demon Dog gives evil range cows a wide berth.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human末animals and aliens are great possibilities

joker
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
   All times are GMT - 8 Hours
 Reply to topic
Forum Index > Trail Talk > Bear attack in Leavenworth
  Happy Birthday Otter, CampChamp, Wolfman!
Jump to:   
Search this topic:

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum