Forum Index > Trail Talk > Bear attack in Leavenworth
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu Oct 27, 2022 11:08 am 
On a more serious note: Does anyone have a link to a peer-reviewed paper which details the detrimental effects on ecosystems as a direct result of the extirpation of the Auroch from the European Continent? Asking for a friend.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
joker
seeker

joker
seeker
PostThu Oct 27, 2022 12:14 pm 
Ski wrote:
On a more serious note: Does anyone have a link to a peer-reviewed paper which details the detrimental effects on ecosystems as a direct result of the extirpation of the Auroch from the European Continent? Asking for a friend.
You might find something amidst these search results

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu Oct 27, 2022 8:00 pm 
Okay thanks! Wow! I guess I should have known already that if there's a subject, somebody's written a paper on it. I'll have to check that out later. I'm in the process of replacing the entire south wall of my house and we're just wrapping it up right now. I'm curious as to whether or not there were really any significant detrimental effects overall to the ecosystems of Western Europe. Supposedly the last of these animals died off in a forest in Poland in the early 17th century (or more likely were hunted to extinction.) Considering the enormous detrimental effect cattle have on the earth's overall ecosystem, I seriously wonder if a lot of problems might be solved simply by exterminating all of them. The rain forests of the Amazon basin are not being cut and burned for timber. They're clearing land so they can raise more cattle. So we can eat more burgers.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."