Forum Index > Trail Talk > Owner & dog shot and killed in Lewis Co.
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
DadFly

DadFly
PostFri Nov 04, 2022 8:03 am 
I would like to know if there are any bullet holes in the heart attack victim.

"May you live in interesting times"

Chief Joseph
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
philfort

philfort
PostFri Nov 04, 2022 8:17 am 
DadFly wrote:
I would like to know if there are any bullet holes in the heart attack victim.
Depends who you ask:
news article wrote:
The family and friends claim the sheriff’s office told them Christensen died of a heart attack.
news article wrote:
the Lewis County Corner’s office found Christensen was killed by a gunshot wound to the chest and his death was ruled a homicide
Although I guess those two claims aren't necessarily contradictory...

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostFri Nov 04, 2022 8:18 am 
Bosterson wrote:
Another article with new details, hello:
Quote:
[Christensen's friend] said that someone reached out to Asbach on Facebook messenger, asking if he killed Christensen. Asbach denied killing Christensen but did admit to killing his dog.
https://www.kptv.com/2022/11/03/frustration-continues-over-investigation-into-lewis-county-homicide/
The same article also contains this
Quote:
But at the end of October, the Lewis County Corner’s office found Christensen was killed by a gunshot wound to the chest and his death was ruled a homicide.
So the corner's office found evidence of a gunshot wound.

Bosterson

Bosterson
PostFri Nov 04, 2022 9:01 am 
There's a newer Reddit thread and the person who seems to be a friend of the family says that the shooter/his supporters are now saying that Christensen was already dead when the kid shot the puppy, which he mistook for a "wild animal." I know coroner's offices are underfunded and many states require zero medical training in order to become a coroner, but hopefully the Lewis Cty one could tell if the bullet wound was postmortem or not...?
Quote:
For some reason it appears the sheriff is trying to help the family sell their narrative. On Facebook the killer himself admitted to shooting the puppy but claimed he didn't shoot Aron. Friends and family of the killer are on Facebook claiming Aron was already dead for hours and he only shot the puppy who was growling because they thought it was a wild animal. He also claimed he was bear hunting (with a 22 rifle ffs). It seems the coroner's report blew a hole in their plan to sweep this under the rug. Everything above is fact, now I will wade into the rumors. Little birdies have told friends and family of Aron that the prosecutor and sheriff are good buddies and go hunting and fishing together and that the perp has ties to law enforcement in the area. Maybe even the sheriff or prosecutor. There's a lot of suspicion they are trying to protect their own, f### the law and truth.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Portland/comments/ylbdjd/prosecutor_sends_aron_christensen_case_back_to/ Hopefully more information will come out. That last paragraph is noted to be speculation but it seems like the only other reasonable hypothesis is that the Lewis County Sheriffs are the most inept cops who have ever lived...

Go! Take a gun! And a dog! Without a leash! Chop down a tree! Start a fire! Piss wherever you want! Build a cairn! A HUGE ONE! BE A REBEL! YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE! (-bootpathguy)
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostFri Nov 04, 2022 10:32 am 
Maybe the sheriff's brother will help. He's the sheriff of the neighboring county--Thurston. The two have tried to be famous for that. I'm thinking nothing dares to be done until after the election results are known. If the shooter has ties to a prominent person in the county, you can believe they'll get away with it unless an outside agency intervenes. We had a burglar who was a cousin of a different sheriff, and the county folks would not do anything. Local Randle people took care of it in an unlawful way (merely a threat at gunpoint) and stopped the burglaries in our area. I think the burglar moved to a different area and the sheriff had to finally arrest him as the burglar got too bold.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
kiliki

kiliki
PostFri Nov 04, 2022 10:54 am 
Why isn't this getting any traction in the Seattle area news, I wonder? Everyone and their dog is a hiker nowadays. I'd like to know that if I or husband is shot and killed on the trail there would be justice or at least a serious investigation. I mean, the Sauk Mt incident was well covered and there wasn't even the cover up type angle that you'd think would make this an extra interesting news story (for better or worse). Will we have to wait for the true crime podcast?

Snowshovel

Snowshovel
PostFri Nov 04, 2022 10:59 am 
Good question. The victim was from Portland, is that local media on it? I’ve never know a four month old puppy to growl. They chirp and yap

RumiDude
Marmota olympus

RumiDude
Marmota olympus
PostFri Nov 04, 2022 11:23 am 
treeswarper wrote:
If the shooter has ties to a prominent person in the county, you can believe they'll get away with it unless an outside agency intervenes. We had a burglar who was a cousin of a different sheriff, and the county folks would not do anything.
The only way the state can get involved is if the local prosecutor asks for the help OR the governor orders one. It is unlikely that either of those situations will occur unless a HUGE dust-up over this happens and that is unlikely because the victim is from out of state. The local prosecutor does not want to admit anything is beyond their ability or need because that makes them look inept. The governor is loath to order the state police and prosecutor because that makes him seem like a meddler in local affairs. Rumi

"This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all."
slabbyd

slabbyd
PostFri Nov 04, 2022 11:38 am 
I'm sorry, Having read this Chronical Article....there is most definitely a coverup being carried out by good ole county boys protecting their youth who murdered a Portlandia/hippie/antifa/dopesmoking/communist. You can call it a conspiracy theory but I'll call it obvious. Occam's Razor. I sure hope Jay Inslee chooses to get involved, not like anyone from Lewis county is going to change their mind or voting habits about him if he does.

Bosterson

Bosterson
PostFri Nov 04, 2022 12:07 pm 
slabbyd wrote:
Having read this Chronical Article....
Re Portland media, that is the same article that ran in the Oregonian.
Quote:
On one call with the family, a detective theorized that the 49-year-old Portland man – who was hiking the Walupt Lake Trail alone with his dog during a late August camping trip with friends – could have died from marijuana they found among his belongings. “What if it was laced?” the detective said. Another detective said Christensen had a “widow-maker’s heart.” “It was the most absurd story I ever heard come out of a sheriff’s mouth,” Corey Christensen, Aron’s younger brother, told The Oregonian/OregonLive.
Seriously. The sheriff's office might as well have suggested UFOs after all!

Go! Take a gun! And a dog! Without a leash! Chop down a tree! Start a fire! Piss wherever you want! Build a cairn! A HUGE ONE! BE A REBEL! YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE! (-bootpathguy)
Snowshovel

Snowshovel
PostFri Nov 04, 2022 12:09 pm 
Note to self, don’t get shot in Lewis County

Chief Joseph, SpookyKite89
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri Nov 04, 2022 1:19 pm 
either that or he overdosed on marijuana, right?
either that or he overdosed on marijuana, right?
where's Geraldo when you need him?

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."

Chief Joseph
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostFri Nov 11, 2022 8:02 pm 
Looks like Snaza was re-elected as sheriff.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri Nov 11, 2022 8:29 pm 
^ Post election results always boggle the mind, treeswarper. (The names have been omitted to protect the innocent - just like Jack Webb would have done.)

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostFri Nov 11, 2022 9:17 pm 
Was talking to an East Lewis Co. friend this morning. They had not heard of the shooting. They have limited internet, do not get a newspaper, and have no radio reception. They do have TV and Seattle news.