Forum Index > Trail Talk > This time snow for sure.....or not.
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostMon Nov 28, 2022 7:22 pm 
I saved $200 on my auto insurance by not owning a television set and not watching the news. However, I've recently been informed by another party that there is a 99.99% chance that we will have weather.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostMon Nov 28, 2022 7:39 pm 
I saved almost 500 on my car insurance because I forgot to pay it for 6 months. doh.gif

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Snowshovel

Snowshovel
PostMon Nov 28, 2022 7:40 pm 
Ha, they back charge you

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Nov 29, 2022 12:10 am 
No they didn't, I have broad form and pay every 6 months, usually.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
rossb

rossb
PostTue Nov 29, 2022 8:44 am 
It just started snowing in North Seattle (close to Northgate).

Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostTue Nov 29, 2022 9:22 am 
And I just saved over $500 on a season pass for Stevens, by recently hitting the magic birthday! hmmm.gif At $112 for the year, I couldn't pass it up, considering a walk-up weekend day ticket is $145. I still have my Mission Ridge pass (been out 3 times already), so yeah, I have options this year. Let the snow pile up, at least in the mountains. cool.gif

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)

Cyclopath, JimK
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostTue Nov 29, 2022 10:14 am 
UGH rant.gif
back yard 11/29/22 09:00 PST
back yard 11/29/22 09:00 PST

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostTue Nov 29, 2022 12:46 pm 
The White Death is just starting to spit the predicted evil contents. What with the lax or no enforcement of snow removal from sidewalks, this ought to make things even more interesting...new snow on top of packed ice. A lawyer's dream.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Nov 29, 2022 1:53 pm 
Snowing pretty hard here in Verlot, about another 4" of not so wet snow, probably going to get over a foot, hope power stays on...hopefully the last storm took care of the weaker trees.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostTue Nov 29, 2022 2:06 pm 
catsp wrote:
treeswarper wrote:
new snow on top of packed ice. A lawyer's dream.
Pardon the thread drift, but it's just unnecessary lawyer bashing to underestimate their dreams. Lawsuit Over Misleading Prep-Time for Velveeta Shells & Cheese
It's a pet peeve of mine. I've talked to the "compliance officer" to no avail. Almost two weeks after the first, and last dump of snow, saw a woman wheeling her wheelchair out in traffic on the busiest street in town because there was no way she could navigate the sidewalks. Most people hire an ATV with a mounted plow, if they care a little, then the snow is pushed to the end of the sidewalk and a big berm left. Or, the business has their parking area plowed and the snow is piled onto the sidewalk, blocking it completely. Apparently everyone is too weak to use a shovel around here. I even saw the sidewalk on a traffic island cleared, but a high snow berm blocking it at both ends. shakehead.gif Nobody cares. An ADA attorney could maybe make some money here.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostTue Nov 29, 2022 4:15 pm 
catsp wrote:
Lawsuit Over Misleading Prep-Time for Velveeta Shells & Cheese
Besides getting a life, that woman needs to learn How To Make Macaroni & Cheese Properly and stop eating that crap out of a box. Velveeta isn't even real food anyway.

Chief Joseph
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Nov 29, 2022 6:11 pm 
rossb wrote:
I appreciate the updates, Chief. I'm thinking of visiting the Mountain Loop, and just skiing the road. You don't need much snow when you are on pavement (as opposed to a gravel road).
Went up to the Deer creek road gate today, highway was plowed and perfect for road or cross country skiing up Deer creek road. We went up past the open gate and made a sled track using the dog to get us started. After 3-4 runs and with the bottom ice layer, it made for a great sled track. First time I have sledded that hill since the 80's...hopefully (but likely) some A-holes will attempt to drive up and mess up the track, but so it goes. Great fun though and a bit of exercise felt good.

Joey
verrry senior member

Joey
verrry senior member
PostTue Nov 29, 2022 9:04 pm 
That quiet purring noise that you don't quite hear is our generator. Had some good wind gusts NE of Redmond about an hour ago. Good news is that I did not have to move any snow to wheel the generator from the garage to its position under our deck. And I wanted to use the gas in the generator anyway so I could put fresh gas (with stabilizer) in. Actually I was planning to siphon the gas out.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostWed Nov 30, 2022 7:15 am 
Looks like about a foot of new snow, so far. Note that we still had about 6 inches of compressed, concrete snow still on the ground from the last one. The good news is that this snow should be much lighter.

rossb

rossb
PostWed Nov 30, 2022 4:44 pm 
Thanks for the update Chief Joseph. I was planning on going up there yesterday, but stuff came up. I'll probably go there tomorrow. Nice to hear there is good coverage on the sledding hill. It is too bad they haven't locked the gate yet, because Deer Creek road is a nice ski or snowshoe road. Unlike the main road it doesn't have snowmobiles.