Forum Index > Trip Reports > Brutal tick attack!! (Flower Ridge bushwhack)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
EastKing
Surfing and Hiking

EastKing
Surfing and Hiking
PostFri Apr 14, 2023 7:45 am 
Went for a simple hike and bushwhack was was left with at least four confirmed tick bites curse.gif curse.gif mad.gif and 3 other bites that look suspicious. So far no Lyme disease. up.gif I will be holding off bushwhacking Vancouver Island for a while and if I do I will flood myself with insect repellent next time. Great view on top though! smile.gif

YouTube | SummitPost Saw the depths of despair. Now I am salvaging what time I have left on Earth.

awilsondc
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Apr 14, 2023 9:28 am 
We had a family reunion years ago a bit south of Hermiston, Oregon and I went for several hikes up into the big hill surrounding the hunting cabin. It was late spring and there was foot high grass. I ended up with nearly a dozen ticks on me and one burrowed into my neck in the back. My relatives began referring to me as "The Tick Magnet". smile.gif

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Apr 14, 2023 9:28 am 
We had a family reunion years ago a bit south of Hermiston, Oregon and I went for several hikes up into the big hills surrounding the hunting cabin. It was late spring and there was foot high grass. I ended up with nearly a dozen ticks on me and one burrowed into my neck in the back. My relatives began referring to me as "The Tick Magnet". smile.gif

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
salish

salish
PostFri Apr 14, 2023 11:18 am 
I'm heading to NE Washington next week, followed by a jaunt to the Chief Joseph Wildlife Area near the Snake & Grande Ronde. I permethrined the hell out of my clothes and gear in anticipation of ticks.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Apr 14, 2023 12:07 pm 
I would take my clothes of an go to bed, wake up and there were ticks crawling on my clothes, the place was lousy with them. I suppose Permethrin would would work to help repel ticks but ime it does nothing against mozzies, nats, etc.

Roly Poly

Roly Poly
PostSun Apr 23, 2023 8:06 am 
I was shocked that my dog had one burrowing into her and it hasn’t been warmer than 50 degrees at my west side location.