Forum Index > Trip Reports > Mount Jarvis (Hope, BC) 3/19/2023
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Stefan

Stefan
PostMon Mar 20, 2023 9:03 pm 
Joined by Eric E, and Greg K. 5755' / 2015' prominence Started at the BC historic trail. This was the original route across BC from the east. These were badass people back then. This place is just off of Highway 5 after Hope BC up Peers Creek. We followed Steven Song's route description off of Peakbagger.com You can drive to the Peers Creek bridge. The gate was open, but we walked across the bridge because we would start the ascent right after crossing the bridge. The first 1000 feet are the worst part of the ascent. Lots of vine maple, however, not so much that it stops you. Then we reached the southwest ridgeline. Then the going was pretty nice. Snow did not really start until around 2600 feet. We stayed pretty much on the ridge the whole time. There are some rock outcroppings along the way. We never had a problem with our judgement on which way to go because I thought the choices were easy to go left or right. Of course Eric E lead the whole way. The top supports some type of communication device. It took Greg and I 8 hours following in the footsteps of Eric....and Eric probably did the trip in 6 hours. It was great seeing so many peaks I have never touched! The summit had some views to the south and to the east. The north and west had partial views through the trees.

Art is an adventure.

Gimpilator
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Gimpilator
infinity/21M

Gimpilator
infinity/21M
PostMon Mar 20, 2023 9:38 pm 
"It was great seeing so many peaks I have never touched!" BC peakbagging is endless

raising3hikers

raising3hikers
PostTue Mar 21, 2023 3:45 pm 
Thanks for the nice, winter ideas that where not on my radar! Both Jarvis and Dog mtns are good, avi safe destinations. Especially, since we did them on the warmest days of the year so far. It was fun getting out with you and Greg

Eric Eames

Gimpilator