Forum Index > Trip Reports > Silver Peak / Isolillock Peak (BC) 5/20/2023
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Stefan

Stefan
PostMon May 22, 2023 11:32 am 
Nice day. Drove the Silver/Skagit road until the Silver Lake turnoff. Turned on Silver Lake Turnoff, then up the road to the right towards Silver/Isolillock Peak. Road is rough. Very rough. Made it in the Subaru till about 680m/2200ft where there are boulders down on the road. Parked. Started walking. The road is terrible right after the boulders for about 200 meters...I don't think the Subaru could have done that section. Crossed a stream, then the road is quite good until about 1060m/3500ft. After 3miles and at 1300m/4300ft put on boots just before the switchbacks because the snow appeared. Followed the snow covered road all the way to the above the 1/2 way frozen out lake at 1620m/5300ft. From there went almost to the Silver/Isolillock Col and then veered NE on snow all the way to just south of Silver Peak ridge. Scrambled easily up to the true summit of Silver Peak. Retraced the steps down Silver Peak to the Silver/Isolillock Col, dropped the pack...(and also accidentally left the phone in the pack), then went up the ways to Isolillock. Some steep snow at the beginning and then some class 3 rock along the way. Other than that, I did not find it too difficult. Came back down to the Silver/Isolillock col and then out. 9 hours round trip. I think 5100 feet of gain.

Art is an adventure.

Now I Fly
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Gimpilator
infinity/21M

Gimpilator
infinity/21M
PostMon May 22, 2023 6:32 pm 
Thanks very much for this timely report. Have been thinking about these peaks for a few years. Might copy your itinerary very soon.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message